well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Operation High Court

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Operation High Court
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Right-wing Christian activists sought to work their way into the social circles of conservative-leaning U.S. Supreme Court justices — offering prayers, meals, "warm personal greetings," and occasionally even travel — in an effort to "embolden" the justices to advance their policy agenda, the former leader of an evangelical nonprofit told members of Congress on Thursday.

"Throughout this ordeal, I've had to look deeply at what my cohorts and I did at the Supreme Court," Rev. Rob Schenck testified during a House Judiciary Committee hearing. "I believe we pushed the boundaries of Christian ethics and compromised the high court's promise to administer equal justice."

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/08...nk-dobbs-hobby-lobby

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I believe we pushed the boundaries of Christian ethics and compromised the high court's promise to administer equal justice."

Ya think? Roll Eyes

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Well he's right, but it does have a bit of clutching the pearls to it. Like it took him until now to figure it out? or if you knew it earlier, apparently his Christian ethics didn't quite kick in in a timely manner.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post