well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Anybody heard of madeincookware.com?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody heard of madeincookware.com?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Have seen the commercials with Chicago's Grant Achatz of Alinea fame advertising this cookware.

https://madeincookware.com/pages/our-story

I don't need new cookware but was wondering....Anyone heard of it? Tried it?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37848 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I don't pay much attention to tv ads myself...

I made breakfast (French Toast) in my Mom's 1972 cast iron skillet...works for me..

But I do take note of vendors featured in "Yankee" magazine and a young man in Rhode Island has a cookware company that is intriguing (and pricey). www.nesthomeware.com

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Have seen the commercials with Chicago's Grant Achatz of Alinea fame advertising this cookware.

https://madeincookware.com/pages/our-story

Heard of it. I have used expensive cookwear and I have used cheap cookware and middle level. Seems to e the middle level is just fine. My Cuisinart stainless, supplemented by cast iron and a Henkel Granitium nonsticks (fantastic nonstick) works for me. If arthritis in my hands gets worse over the years I might ditch the cast iron for carbon steel. So far it's quite stable.

I don't need new cookware but was wondering....Anyone heard of it? Tried it?

Heard of it. I have used expensive cookwear and I have used cheap cookware and middle level. Seems to e the middle level is just fine. My Cuisinart stainless, supplemented by cast iron and a Henkel Granitium nonsticks (fantastic nonstick) works for me. If arthritis in my hands gets worse over the years I might ditch the cast iron for carbon steel. So far it's quite stable.

This is the stuff I bought at Costco, although all I got was the three saute pans, which they are not offering right now. You can use metal utensils as it is REALLY tough.

https://www.costco.com/J.A.-He...oduct.100397883.html

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13538 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I've heard of it. There's a few new cookware and knife companies that have sprung up and advertise a lot on Facebook. We don't have any.

I generally prefer stainless steel cookware (although Mary Anna uses cast iron a good bit), and my current favorite brand is Breville. I absolutely hate the handles on the expensive All-Clad stuff. Everything I've ever bought from Breville has worked well and seemed well-made.

I have one "set" and then individual pieces. The set came from Costco, I don't think they sell that version any more. It's tri-ply stainless with a thick ring of copper sandwiched in between the layers of stainless. It's very heavy and hard to burn stuff onto the bottom because it's so thick.

Posts: 45733 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I have the same Granitium set that Mik does - the three skillets. Picked them up at Costco when they were closing them out a few years ago; I think I paid $30 or $40 bucks for the set, which was half price. They're worth every penny at full price.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37848 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Breville rocks. I have their toaster and espresso machine, both built like tanks. They are my go to for small appliances. Didn't know they did cookware.

And yeah, WTG, that set is well worth the full price. I've used them for four or five years, whereas I used to have to replace the Calphalon nonsticks I was using every year or two.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13538 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Definitely not showing this website to Mr. SK!! :P

We do need a new (deeper) sauce pan though. But yeah, we'll stick with middle level stuff.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18388 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Breville rocks. I have their toaster and espresso machine, both built like tanks. They are my go to for small appliances. Didn't know they did cookware.

I got this when it was a LOT cheaper. Like you said, built like a tank, and that handle is great and comfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 45733 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The 10 piece Henckels Granitium nonstick set is $50 off at Costco.

https://www.costco.com/.produc...020_0502_HomeSavings

Bazootiehead-in-training