well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Here's a house for ya

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's a house for ya
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted
In my neighborhood, but I've never seen it. Will have to look up the address. That horrible Home-A-Rama style.

https://www.citybeat.com/cinci...ow/14852862/14853136

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Trying to forget that I looked.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
As that style of house goes I don’t think this one is all that bad. Some questionable finish choices but we’ve all seen much worse.

I like the idea of two laundry areas (these New High efficiency machines take forever to do a load of sheets) and I talked to a plumber yesterday for a quote to put a second set in the garage.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I could live there if I could calm down some of that interior. Too bad about the front (don’t think there is anyway to fix that?) but I love all the windows. Love the big living room.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
There are chairs in just the oddest places. And a giant fainting chaise in the laundry room. That's honestly the strangest thing to me. I think if you took all the furniture out and replaced it with furniture that made sense for the room, you'd be halfway there. There are some odd cosmetic choices but nothing that can't be fixed fairly quickly except maybe the big blue hot tub in the middle of the suit-of-armor room (WTH???) And do the two smaller bedrooms have legit 1970s-80s crappy wood paneling on the walls?

Have to admit that Satan's toilet is actually kind of growing on me.

Posts: 4403 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I would love to have a serious indoor lap pool. i would keep it at 92F and use salt water. i would swim for nearly an hour every single day before I started work.

what they have is not a pool. it's a plunge tub.

we used to have a hot springs here in helena that had lap lanes in a pool that was kept in the 90s all winter. outdoors. i loved loved loved that place and swam there several days a week.

then it sold to a group that "upgraded" everything and started charging ridiculous prices. i canceled my membership (it was also a gym), and demanded a refund for the balance.

they didn't talk to a single person who swam there every day before removing the lap lanes and letting the pool get too hot for swimming.

i've never gotten over it. :sob:

okay back to the topic at hand: no i would not like living in that house. Big Grin

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I think people with houses like this are using the same to-do lists:
Full suit of armor - check
Life-sized statue of a tiger - check
Toilet with glowing red bowl - check

Roll Eyes

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18473 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if the toilet changes colors when it's, uh, in use?

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
I'm wondering if the toilet changes colors when it's, uh, in use?

Big Grin Big Grin

Something about an electrified toilet is unsettling. Water and electricity are a bad mix and not a good thing to have around delicate body parts. HairRaising

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post