well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A Model Charging Memo for Trump

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Model Charging Memo for Trump
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
By nine former prosecutors.

quote:
There is sufficient evidence to obtain and sustain a conviction here, if the information gleaned from government filings and statements and voluminous public reporting is accurate.

This model prosecution memo is, however, limited in an important sense. Throughout the memo, we draw as much as possible on the unusual amount of factual information provided by the Government in its court filings. We do not, however, have visibility into the full volume of information the Justice Department has assembled. That means we could be missing important facts, including exculpatory evidence, that may inform the DOJ’s decision-making process. We may be unaware of admissibility issues with some of the evidence. And equally true, the evidence could be better or more extensive than what is available in the public record.

What’s more, by necessity, we at times rely on news reports from investigative journalists whereas the actual prosecution memo would instead rely on direct evidence the federal investigators have collected. For that reason, we do not reach an unqualified charging decision. Instead, we conclude that there is sufficient evidence to obtain a conviction here, if the Government filings and statements and voluminous public reporting we detail below are accurate. We also note that, based on the reported facts, charges would be strongly warranted based on Department precedent in similar cases.

https://www.justsecurity.org/8...lassified-documents/

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Have you read this? I don't have the legal background to determine if their conclusions are reasonable. What do you think?

I am impressed that this is out in the public sphere.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Trying not to get my hopes up.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I have a kind of part intellectual and part intuitive grasp of how our law works in theory at times.

This isn't one of them.

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
really the only hope i have of us being delivered from this narcissistic pustule is if he has a stroke or a heart attack.

i keep remembering that Hitler went to prison and then got elected Chancellor.

fortunately, i don't think Drumpf has enough time left for that.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I would bet money he'll get indicted by Jack Smith. The issue is a GOP president would pardon him on day 1 (including, potentially, himself).

I keep hearing GA will be indicting him by the end of the summer. Let's hope.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:

Aw $%^&. Yes he did. That could happen here.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
No less a source than Jessica Mitford told us that Hitler didn't commit suicide. He was shot. Good on her for telling the truth.

I don't think either is an option for Trump.

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Have you read this? I don't have the legal background to determine if their conclusions are reasonable. What do you think?

I am impressed that this is out in the public sphere.

Nina, this isn’t my expertise. It sounds compelling to me, but I don’t know for certain. I think Cindy would have an opinion here that would be more based on experience.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:

Aw $%^&. Yes he did. That could happen here.

And then pardon himself.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
No less a source than Jessica Mitford told us that Hitler didn't commit suicide. He was shot.

Ok, totally off topic here … at the time, did the public credulity for “Hitler killed himself” rose to that for “Epstein killed himself” in 2019?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post