well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    CDC reverses guidance on airborne transmission

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDC reverses guidance on airborne transmission
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Is this even possible?

Next they'll revert to the miasma theory of plague transmission.

CDC says recent guidance on aerosolized droplet spread an "error"

I feel pretty jerked around.

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Incompetence or insanity. Take your pick.

On second thought, choose both.

Curse

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Republicans completing the task of making sure the government can't be trusted to work...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Ouch..my neck hurts from this whiplash.

Does no one there understand how stupid they appear? Hat

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
They're assholes. They're telling lies left and right.

This is the look of corruption.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
The spin I heard is that the CDC is in the process of revising their guidelines and that is a page of the future revisions that was leaked before it was ready. I did think it was odd that they would finally acknowledge airborne transmission (which to my layperson eye was pretty obvious from the whole Washington choir practice thing way back when) and then not suggest any sort of changes to combat it....how do you say that then not make any suggestions to schools regarding ventilation in classrooms, etc. So I guess they are just taking their sweet time coming out with it (probably waiting til after the election) and in the meantime, kids in schools that went back to face to face (both of my own!) are going to get sick left and right from the air in their classrooms despite following all the current mask and distancing guidelines. What a royal mess.

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
We're doomed.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post