well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    COVID odds and ends
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COVID odds and ends
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fake ones drop down into the 80% range of filtration of the smaller particles.

Yeah, this is the kind of info I want... What causes the drop in filtration, because if it's a question of layers, the ones I have have 5 layers. But if it's something, say materials, then I have no way of knowing...

I'll check out the Korean ones -- I don't think mine are Korean, I could be wrong.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18393 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Look for KF94; they're the ones made in Korea.

This is the one Ron recommended; it comes in various sizes and both black and white. Adjustable ear loops.

The large works for me, but I think for a lot of women a medium might be in order.

Black, size large: https://www.amazon.com/BOTN-Pr...n%2Caps%2C275&sr=8-8

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37852 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Phooey. I don’t want black or white.

Posts: 18393 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Confused

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37852 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
When I teach, the KN95s I have give me the choice of maroon, blue, orange, pink, or purple.

They've become part of my "work wardrobe."

As I said above, it might be silly, but it is what it is. I would prefer not to wear black or white for work purposes.

Here's me on the first day of classes for fall semester:

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
What's the link for those? It looks like there is some printing over on your right side...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7550 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Based on SK's descriptions of the colors and the pic of her wearing the maroon one, I'm guessing it's these:

https://www.amazon.com/KN95-Fa...o%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-5

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yep, I've ordered ones from MIUPHRO (either the same or same supplier as WTG's link) and also ChiSip and WWDOLL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Between wearing them for teaching, giving them to students, Mr. SK wearing them, I go through them kinda fast. I usually only use them once if I wear them to teach three classes in a row, but otherwise I re-use them a few times.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The Germans have some interesting ideas for vaccination campaigns...

https://apnews.com/article/cor...d30fb12a215de69dd236

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
COVID breakthrough in resumed normalization.

I was shocked to find my dentist's office laden with dozens of People Magazines - haven't seen a doctor's office with magazines for years.

As usual, I don't recognize any of the cover celebs (when DID these people get so famous?). How many people actually subscribe to that magazine anyhow? I think of it as the dentist magazine.

It definitely gave me the sense of resumed normality more than anything else I've encountered. (Was there ever a ruling about whether magazines were allowed in public places?)
Not counting the variety of protective practices many adopted along those lines (like sterilizing mail or at least not handling it for days on end. Also personal UVA devices of all sizes).

Come to think of it, my hygienist also did my cleaning using an aerosolizing device. That's another missing old friend especially considering to the best of my knowledge, no experts ever rescinding their agreement that COVID contagion (all variants) are primarily spread by air-bourne droplets.

(Or did I miss something?)

I guess the hygienists are the most at risk. My previous dentist, finally retired, had held out til the end from buying the very pricy devices the newer offices caved in on to protect their staff. (But then he had never even switched to electronic Xrays from the solid slide variety).

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh. Grandson Jack tested positive for Covid yesterday. He has a fever but seems fine otherwise. With any luck nothing more will come of it.

The whole family is fully vaxxed, which is good because he may have had it when they came over for dinner on NYE. Sharon’s not feeling too good today but so far I feel OK. Time will tell.

I did all of the shopping yesterday and will be staying home for the next few days to see how things shake out.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34885 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Aw. Poor little guy. Hope he's over it soon.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Regarding dentists....Our hygienists are using the usual Cavitron scaler. They are masked and wear a face shield. When I saw the dentist a few weeks ago, he was double masked plus a shield.

The practice we go to installed an "extraoral suction system designed to remove contamination created by dental aerosol EOS procedures" (quoting from the marketing blurb for a company that makes such equipment). Looks kind of like this:

https://www.airsystems-inc.com...ts/dental-clean-air/

There's one in each room.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I've had two tuning cancellations this week - covid running through the families...

Luckily, no one is feeling too bad. We have a testing site a block away that hasn't been crowded that I've used a few times.

One choir is supposed to start up again this week. All vaxxed, boosted and tested no more than a few days before singing together masked.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7550 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sharon tested positive today. She feels like she has a cold but no more than that. I don't see how I am going to avoid it. Frowner

Glad I've had all my shots! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34885 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post