Notify
Tools

Davos
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
A parade of billionaires, CEOs, world leaders and hangers-on has now arrived in Davos, Switzerland, bearing skis, packed schedules and deep concerns about the global economy.

PwC's annual Global CEO survey — 1,581 CEOs across 83 territories — was conducted in the fall and released tonight as the World Economic Forum opened. It makes for some pretty alarming reading.

The big picture: 53% of CEOs expect global economic growth to decline in 2020, up from 29% in 2019 and just 5% in 2018. Their views of their own companies’ prospects were the bleakest since 2009.

That sentiment was spread across all regions, though CEOs in the Asia-Pacific are most optimistic and North American CEOs least so.

https://www.axios.com/world-ec...fd-821722632460.html

PWC's global CEO survey: https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/ceo-.../ceosurvey/2020.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Davos drives me nuts. Although, to be honest, if we're ever going to make significant dents in climate change it will have to be strongly supported, if not driven, by these individuals and corporations. But it reeks of virtue signaling more than anything else.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"Expect Negative 2020 Returns Unless Yields Beat Expectation" - Agweb

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
And if yields somehow do beat expectations, how is the market to sell? I'm not an ag person, Chas, but I know you are.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Davos drives me nuts. Although, to be honest, if we're ever going to make significant dents in climate change it will have to be strongly supported, if not driven, by these individuals and corporations. But it reeks of virtue signaling more than anything else.

The climate battle will be won or lost in Beijing, not Davos.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Agreed, but Beijing will have to respond to business conditions as set by those who attend Davos (not necessarily from anything coming out of Davos).

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:

The climate battle will be won or lost in Beijing, not Davos.
This. Plus, we have been hearing the sky is falling ever since 2016. Will we have a year less lucrative than 2019? Almost undoubtedly. My financial plan is based on a 3-4% return annually on average. More than that will be the gravy.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post