well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Together again

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Together again
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted

quote:
Beatles fans got something Saturday night they hadn’t in 53 years: the sight of Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr playing together on stage at Dodger Stadium. Although McCartney himself is not a stranger to the venue, having last played there just five years ago, two Beatles taking to the outfield together was something that hadn’t happened since August 28, 1966, which turned out to be the Fab Four’s penultimate tour gig ever.

The former bandmates weren’t revisiting material quite that old. The two songs Starr joined McCartney for Saturday both post-dated the Beatles’ time as a touring unit: “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)” and “Helter Skelter.”

McCartney had just finished the first number of the encore, “Birthday” (worth noting: Starr’s was on July 7), when he announced “a surprise for us, a surprise for you, a surprise for everyone — ladies and gentlemen, the one and only Ringo Starr. … Are you ready to rock?”

“Ready to rock,” the guest confirmed. “Peace and love, everybody. (They’re) bringing out me drums,” he pointed out, as a set was wheeled out behind him, lest the appearance having been spoiled by putting a second kit in place any earlier.

https://variety.com/2019/music...-concert-1203266983/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Cool

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Makes me feel old.

First songs when I was in jr. High!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Makes me feel old.

First songs when I was in jr. High!

The original Beatles when I was in junior high.

I feel your age... Big Grin

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Was a junior in high school.
Took a drafting class. The teacher had us doing drafting exercises with the radio on.
I Want To Hold Your Hand was played.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post