well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Pence says Kim hasn't done anything to denuclearize

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pence says Kim hasn't done anything to denuclearize
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
What do you make of this? By which I mean two issues equally:

1) That North Korea is still endangering us and the rest of the West just as much as before Trump made his overtures to the Great Leader

2) That for the first time in my memory, Pence has said anything to undermine Trump's claims to the contrary - especially only shortly after Trump re-emphasized it in recent comments.

(I say this is very meaningful, especially considering the ultimate virtue his boss stresses to one and all - namely, loyalty.)

Could this be the beginning of the worm turning?

He's SO much more suitable and GOP-pleasing than Trump himself. Whether by impeachment, coronary or insurrection, I've long seen it as merely a matter of time until he turns the present POTUS out of the WH (the "dump" as Trump calls it).

Especially since it's the Evangelicals to whom legitimately Pence belongs, who have been propping Trump up for so long - at least, among all the groups comprising his base.

If a presentable "Christian" with all the other creds in place stands up to him, I say we don't have to wait til 2020 for Himself to be toppled.

Wonder if Pence will also jump on the rising Russian collusion bandwagon. I think clearcut grounds for treason are in the offing, so that even if the oligarchs prove to have been his most powerful supporters, Trump's due for his long delayed fall. Besides, they've got pretty much all they could have wanted with that Tax Bill especially considering the built-in loot coming to them thanks to the budgetary triggers it put in place.

What about his second in command placing in doubt one of his primary claims to fame? (I've figured for a long time, Trump achieved what he bragged about, through outright bribery of Kim - or is that too simple?)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...ries&pgtype=Homepage

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I mean, seriously, is anyone surprised at this? Kim played Trump like a fiddle. Or, to be more precise, like a parent trying to distract a toddler on the verge of a tantrum in the grocery store.

And Pence is no better. He's just more presentable.

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post