well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Grocery Store Update ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grocery Store Update ...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
Went to a local grocery store earlier and saw that alcohol based sanitizers, N95 masks, as well as washable/reusable masks are now in abundant supply. The store has one area dedicated to just alcohol based hand sanitizers (all sizes from dispenser bottles with just a few ounces to big, over one gallon jugs), N95 masks (in 5-pack packages), and reusable masks (in 10-pack packages). Still more expensive than pre-pandemic pricing levels, but I'd say they are reasonably priced.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Our local Costco has the 6-pack of Clorox wipes and their bale o' TP (limit one on both), as well as other things that have been strangely difficult to find, like canned garbanzos.

There have been odd shortages in the grocery stores, but they seem to be short-lived. Things like canned beans, jasmine rice, flour and yeast may be gone one day but back the next.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Good to know the Clorox wipes are back. We still have some but we're starting to run a bit low.

Our Costco had Charmin toilet paper for the first time in a while. Still a limit of two packages of any kind of chicken.

Foaming hand soap (we use Method) is still nowhere to be seen, at least not as of a couple of weeks ago.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I still don't go 'shopping'.

Have made a couple old people's time, run in, run out...have no idea what local shops have.

I read the flyers but really only hit shaws, 6-7, with only 12 people at most in the big store.

Still have last year's blueberries / rhubarb /apple sauce and tomato herbs sauce in the freeze with some various chicken / fish,scallops from off the boat, so manage. But bored.

But safe.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post