well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bolton's book moving forward
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bolton's book moving forward
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
So WaPo has a copy. How do they figure in the DOJ lawsuit, if at all?

I would hazard a guess that Bolten gave it to them precisely to ensure that the federal suit became irrelevant.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
It sounds like Bolton or Simon and Schuster have given copies to every major news outlet in the world.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Max Boot damns Bolton with faint praise ...

quote:
Welcome to the “Never Trump” camp, John Bolton.

It took you a long time to get there. In 2016, you gave this vapid celebrity TV host credibility on the right by praising him for having a “serious” foreign policy vision. You did not join the “War on the Rocks” letter signed by 122 Republican national security professionals, including me, warning that Donald Trump would “make America less safe, and … diminish our standing in the world.” You chose to ignore those warnings. Was it perhaps because you wanted to preserve your lucrative career as a right-wing lecturer and talking head — and your ambitions for higher office?

But better late than never. ...

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
It sounds like Bolton or Simon and Schuster have given copies to every major news outlet in the world.

Doesn't matter if the book gets out now...all the news in it will be all over the news.

Give up dear Leader...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Having a hard time getting interested in this Whore sellout.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Martha Raddatz has an interview with Bolton on ABC. Sunday night, 9 ET/8 CT.

Steve, the fact that the book is driving I-1 nuts is enough for me.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
In a *real* dictatorship, people like these would be properly dealt with. Probably just disappeared.

But if two "tourists" show up in your town and are talking unusually keenly about a relatively unexceptional bit of architecture, or a couple of cute young women approach you in an airport with spray bottles...

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Ten interesting bits from Bolton's book.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53089609

None of these surprises me in the least.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel...Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Another person who hates him!

quote:
A federal judge has denied the Trump administration's attempt to block the upcoming publication of a book by former national security adviser John Bolton.

Judge Royce Lamberth of the DC District Court wrote in a 10-page decision Saturday morning that the Justice Department's arguments weren't enough to stop the book's release. He cited how the book, which is scheduled to be released Tuesday, had already been widely distributed, and could easily be distributed further on the internet, even if the court said it could not be.
"For reasons that hardly need to be stated, the Court will not order a

quote:
Lamberth said the Trump administration convinced him on Friday that sensitive national security information was still included in the book. The judge didn't make a decision at the almost two-hour hearing Friday and said he would wait to review more details from the Justice Department before deciding.

"Upon reviewing the classified materials, as well as the declarations filed on the public docket, the Court is persuaded that Defendant Bolton likely jeopardized national security by disclosing classified information in violation of his nondisclosure agreement obligations," Lamberth wrote.
He also noted Bolton could still be exposed to criminal liability.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/20...lton-book/index.html

Judge's ruling:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/20...on-ruling/index.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Every copy of the book will come with a black Sharpie and a detailed list of which lines in the book the reader must black out before reading it.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Bolton knew this was a possibility. He also knew that criminal charges were a possibility.

I think he just got angry and frustrated at the Trumpsters who were clearly trying to suppress his book until after the election, and decided to give them a big middle finger.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Maybe Bolton can find himself a Roy Cohn who can drag his criminal trial out for a couple of decades.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
He has been supported. Books goes forward. Good.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post