well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Air fried chicken?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air fried chicken?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted
Anyone have an air fryer? Is the fried chicken a credible version?

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13516 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Steve was looking at them a while back.

http://well-temperedforum.grou...741004366#9741004366

Wonder if he ever bought one...

Costco has had a couple of different models on sale over the last few months. I'm guessing you might be able to pick one up cheap during the holidays.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
We have a toaster oven with an air fry setting. I've been afraid to use it because I envisioned the entire interior of the oven spattered with chicken grease. Or whatever grease.

We did use it for frozen french fries. (Before we embarked on low-carb lifestyles. Sigh.) They were very tasty and crispy.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15499 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I love air-popped popcorn. Does that count? Big Grin

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I never bought one. I don’t see enough uses for
one to justify the cupboard space.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That's kind of where I am. My kitchen cannot take anything new without a corresponding old thing going out.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13516 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
That's kind of where I am. My kitchen cannot take anything new without a corresponding old thing going out.

That's why we were attracted to a toaster oven with air fry capability. It replaced on older toaster oven.

(And everything we read suggested that the toaster oven was just as good an air fryer as the dedicated air fryer.)

Posts: 45721 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That’s what I thought about doing.

Does it make good toast? Is it hard to clean after you fry in it?

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
That’s what I thought about doing.

Does it make good toast? Is it hard to clean after you fry in it?

We haven't fried in it much. The plan was to use it for things like french fries, and then the doctor told us to get off carbs, which means no french fries. The few times we've used it, it hasn't been a problem. Even with a deathly impossible to clean mesh basket.

It makes spectacular toast.

Basically, it's just a convection toaster oven with a higher speed for the fan when you are "air frying". Read up, you'll see that's really all an air fryer is anyway. It's just smaller on the interior to ensure better air circulation, but a toaster oven air fryer made by a company that knows what it's doing does that just as well.

Costco currently has one in the warehouse from Cuisinart (I think).

Posts: 45721 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Can you put the mesh basket in the dishwasher?