well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    We cooked breakfast for Pique and Mr. pique

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We cooked breakfast for Pique and Mr. pique
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
On their way back home from someplace warm, And they visited Rico, and I showed them my paintings in the gallery, but I didn’t manage take any photographs...

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20431 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone enjoyed the visit.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25697 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
but I didn’t manage take any photographs...

But there were witnesses, right? Surely you could put your sketch artist skills to use and post a pretty good likeness…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Oils, I think. Or perhaps charcoal.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34880 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I kept wondering when you were going to say it was time to take pictures! Big Grin

The breakfast was delicious! Omelettes, sausages, and fresh fruit, and Jodi made a special yogurt dressing we really enjoyed. Jodi's new house is even more beautiful than the pictures. So terribly well organized and impeccably decorated, inspiring! I love the floor plan and the way it flows.

I fell instantly in love with Rico, who has a very large, bold personality. First time I've ever been greeted by a horse asking me to play fetch with him. !

The male jodis and Mr Pique went hiking while we played with Rico. Mr pique raved to me about the beautiful views. I was glad to hear the guys talked about future hikes and fishing trips. We all found so much to talk about, and it was a special pleasure to re-meet their youngest after so many years. All grown up with a fascinating mind and deeply interesting things to say.

We are so happy to see the Jodis well situated at last after all they have been through. I admire the hell out of their resilience. They have hiking right out the door, a barn 6 minutes away, the gym is walking distance from the house, Jodi's gallery has many world class artists showing there--we were very impressed by the caliber of the talent!--and Jodi has found great people to paint and play music with. And now Mr Jodi has his dream job in a place where world class fishing is just down the road and his primus stoves have a job to do in the back yard.

Our visit definitely took the sting out of leaving the British West Indies. It's very warm here in Montana, too, just in a different way! Big Grin Thank you, Jodi!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21310 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
♥️ I cannot believe I forgot to take pictures. I even went back into the house before we drove to the barn to get my phone, so that I could.

And for those of you not on facebook, I was going to tell you all that mr Jodi has a new job, luckily it is at the same place (a promotion of sorts)and the best part about it all is that this time we don’t have to move!! And I finally feel like we’re in a place we can stay for a long while. Smiler

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20431 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Cool

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25697 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous--sounds like a great time. I've also been on the receiving end of Jodi and Mr. Jodi's hospitality. Jodi is an amazing cook and everything is so pleasant and comfortable.

Posts: 35371 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Glad you all had fun, and connected well! And CONGRATULATIONS to Mr. Jodi. No moving, YAY!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9794 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Good vibes on all fronts...Especially the NOT moving part! Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. Lovely visit!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13795 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post