well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A Proud Local, Personal, Emmy Nomination

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Proud Local, Personal, Emmy Nomination
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Shorty, now 23 years old, sang in the HS chorus..He didn't have the greatest voice but his director would feature him and others with imperfect voices....He once told me that chorus was the reason he went to school. Smiler

Fast forward to now...That same choral director put together a virtual performance, later video added by the local cable and the HS video studio.

Well...The director, the supporters and best of all the kids..have been nominated for 3! New England Emmys..They are up against the Boston Symphony Orchestra! Eeker All recordings were made in the kid's homes, then mixed and the video recorded afterward next to the new high school.

You can see the lovely video here...I knew I recognized one singer, she is the very younger sister of Shorty's prom date. Smiler

We are all so proud of Ms. Smith and her work...

An aside, Ms Smith's mother is a Puerto Rican firecracker and a member of my Spanish Conversation group...I didn't know that till I attended a HS concert and her Mom plopped down in the seat next to me..and we compared 'kid' notes. Smiler

So good... Concord Carlisle Massachusetts Chorus "Raise Me Up"

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Wow, that was just wonderful! I have such a soft spot for school choirs, having served as an accompanist for about ten years.

The role of arts in school, and especially high school, is so critical. I have seen countless kids absolutely find themselves and blossom in chorus, band or theater. I love that the emphasis is on the individuals and the performance, and not on a "perfect" voice.

I also loved the typical school choir arrangement - key change (a nice one, not grinding gears) and the obligatory advanced choir descant. Big Grin

Thanks for posting this!

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Listened to this last night. What a wonderful performance and story.

ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
This is very lovely; thank you for sharing!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post