well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The skipping Sikh

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The skipping Sikh
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Looks pretty good for 73. Gives great life and exercise advice. Jumping rope is a killer workout.

https://www.bbc.com/news/video...g-sikhs-in-isolation

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

I realized the other day that I'm just not moving enough. When I teach on campus, I walk around just as part of getting from place to place, I also had a habit of taking daily walking breaks (walking around in buildings was how I avoided unpleasant weather), and of course when teaching, I would be standing up for the whole class, moving my arms a lot etc.

Now I hardly move at all, and if I don't make time for a walk, nothing, just sitting all day. Piled on to the stress of worrying (about the virus, the economy, family members etc. etc) I realized I didn't feel well and that moving around would make me feel better.

So I decided to take a dance break! Big Grin I went to the basement, put some music on and started moving. It felt so good!

Now I'm trying to teach myself some salsa/Zumba type dances and using YouTube videos. I find somewhere in the day where I can take a 15-30 minute break, go downstairs and lay down the boogie. WhoMe

Maybe I'll add skipping rope to my activities.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18501 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Sikh, and you shall find ...

Posts: 12536 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post