well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    When Last the Fascists were in Ascendance, seemingly.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When Last the Fascists were in Ascendance, seemingly.
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Nice review article by Robert Kagan

... especially useful for people who don't have a good factual handle on the interwar period when fascism was ascendant and the liberal democratic "Anglo-Saxon" order was denounced as vile, corrupt, and nation-destroying.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Catching up on some threads...thanks for posting the history lesson...I'm woefully under-read...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Speaking of fascists, some idiot on twitter notified me that I've been added to his lists of ...

Nazi Sympathizers and War Crime Apologists!

Imagine my surprise! Big Grin

Given the other names on the lists, it's good company indeed!

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I always suspected that about you, P*D…. Blink

And on a completely unrelated note, I saw you retweeted this. I couldn’t stop laughing...

https://twitter.com/RepBillFos.../1616267380350410754

(Bill Foster is from Illinois and is a totally brilliant guy.)

I wonder why he didn’t mention the Lasker that Santos won in 2019 for creation of the COVID-19 vaccine…

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yes, Foster's wit was rapier-pointed! Big Grin

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

And on a completely unrelated note, I saw you retweeted this. I couldn’t stop laughing...

https://twitter.com/RepBillFos.../1616267380350410754

(Bill Foster is from Illinois and is a totally brilliant guy.)

I wonder why he didn’t mention the Lasker that Santos won in 2019 for creation of the COVID-19 vaccine…

Off-topic once again...

quote:
Scandal-plagued Rep. George Santos told his GOP colleagues Tuesday that he would forgo the House committees he’d been assigned, two Republicans in the room told POLITICO.

The announcement comes days after senior House Republicans seated the New York freshman trailed by a cloud of apparent serial fabrications on two committees: Science and Small Business. But even those lower-profile Santos assignments quickly became a political liability for Speaker Kevin McCarthy‘s conference, particularly as Republicans scrape for the votes they need to yank Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) from the Foreign Affairs Committee.

McCarthy told reporters that Santos’ move to step aside was “an appropriate decision ... until he can clear everything up,” adding that he had met with Santos on Monday. Any members named to fill the spots Santos is forgoing, McCarthy added, would take those seats on a temporary basis.

Santos’ move drew immediate praise from his home-state GOP colleagues, several of whom have already called for his resignation amid the growing controversy over his misstatements about his past.

https://www.politico.com/news/...s-house-gop-00080367

Bazootiehead-in-training