well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Could you guys spare a few minutes to help LL#1?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could you guys spare a few minutes to help LL#1?
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
Little Lisa #1 is taking a summer psychology class where she has to create a survey, collect data, and analyze it. Her survey is about compliance with COVID-19 recommended behaviors (e.g. wearing masks, social distancing, and staying at home). She needs a really vast swath of responses from as many areas of the country/world as possible (because different areas have different approaches to COVID behaviors), so if you guys wouldn't mind spending like 5 minutes to take it, she would really appreciate it. Also, if you think the project is interesting and you wouldn't mind, please feel free to share it to others because she needs as many responses as possible. Thanks so much!!!

https://miamioh.qualtrics.com/...250Tjc8EUJmfvqoIR6zM

ETA - I'm not on the newest iteration of TNCR yet (in fact, I'm not entirely sure how to find it!) but if someone wants to repost it there, it would be interesting to collect some "conservative" reponses, LOL!

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Done!

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4083 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
+1

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Done Smiler

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Done. Of course, once Bill Gates gets us all implanted with microchips via the vaccination, I expect this sort of information will be available without the use of the survey in the future.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Done.

As someone who has designed surveys and studies based on them, I want to congratulate your daughter on her very well-worded questionnaire - no "social response bias" at all, and (unlike so many presented by others supposed to evaluate "customer satisfaction", etc.) little to no redundancy.

Just one small quibble. I had trouble responding to the question about whether or not I wear a mask whenever I leave the house. Like many/most I wear a mask in indoor public settings but not when I'm merely outside my house.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Done.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Done

When do I get the prize? Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Done.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I did it, but had a hard time answering a few questions. Because we have had the disease, I don’t worry as much about certain things, I only wear a mask when I go inside someplace to shop or do business. (So it was hard to answer that question - I answered That I wear a mask half the time When I go out) and I stay 6 feet away from folks I don’t know, but I don’t worry so much with people I do know. I know I would be behaving differently If we had not gotten sick.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
How long will the survey be available? I have friends all over the world I can ask to participate.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Doug Big Grin Big GrinBig Grin

Jodi - I hadn't thought about that. I guess she should have asked about history of infection. Oh well.

Amanda - Yes some of the questions are odd. The whole science section was a precanned scale - she was supposed to use pre-canned stuff where possible as those have already been validated. That thing is called the BISS (Belief in Science Scale). I thought all of those questions were weirdly worded. The COVID questions she wrote herself since there is no pre-validated COVID scale. And the mask one probably could have been worded better, but I think at this point she can't change the wording without invalidating the survey.

PJ - not sure how long - I'd imagine for at least a week or two. The class is only 6 weeks long and she's a week in, so at some point she'll have to close the survey to start the analysis part. I don't think she planned for huge international participation (thus the political affiliation question being totally America-centric). But I think it would be cool to get people from all over the world so that would be awesome if you wouldn't mind sharing it!

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Done!

I struggled with the mask question too, but for a different reason. I literally go nowhere where I have to get out of the car. And my car has a separate trunk. So, the Walmart pickup line and the CVS pickup window don't really create a situation where a mask is needed.

However, if I were to walk into a store, or be around people, I'd wear a mask 100% of the time, so I answered it that way.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I think the race question is also a bit America-centric. Not sure what response I'll get from Africans about being "black or African-American". I will ask a few of my friends in Europe and elsewhere if they can do the survey.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
The race question was pre-canned as well. I guess whatever survey it came from was also America-centric.

She was showing me some of the responses for the "Other (please specify)" section under political affiliation. One was "Republican, but not in 2016 or 2020". Another was "Australia's politics are weird. I just vote for whoever isn't a dick"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin