well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Could you guys spare a few minutes to help LL#1?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could you guys spare a few minutes to help LL#1?
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The race thing is standard EEOC stuff, boilerplate.

And I did it--agree, some of the questions were a bit odd. For example, I'm very pro-science, but wouldn't necessarily agree that science is the only way to achieve "wisdom." A few others like that, that I can't remember (I did it yesterday morning).

Any chance we can see the results? Smiler

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I will absolutely post the results!

I agree the science questions are odd (I had a particularly hard time with "Science is the most important part of human culture" -- what about literature and music??), but it is a prevalidated scale that has been tested for reliability or consistency or whatever those statistics terms are. At a glance, though, the results to the science questions look all over the map - I'm not sure what kind of correlations she'll be able to make. But her professor says that scale has been proven reliable, so we'll see....

She can always try correlating some of the demographical stuff like political party to covid compliance and see what she comes up with.

Interestingly, she currently has more people who've checked independent than republican. I hope that's a good sign......but that probably has more to do with who we've reached out to with the survey.

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Results are in! Google doc here --- this isn't the one she did for class, this is the simplified for-general-reading-not-too-much-math version she made for people who took the survey and were curious how it turned out. Happy to send the real one to anyone who cares.

https://docs.google.com/docume...0aMRxA2kzsjGLU-Wrhmo

Also, she's taking part 2 of the class now, so stay tuned for another completely different survey!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped out - she ended up with the largest sample size of anyone the professor ever taught for this class, LOL!

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
she ended up with the largest sample size of anyone the professor ever taught for this class

Woot! WTF for the win!! Woot

Thanks for sharing the results too!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18431 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
This is so interesting and validating.

Thanks for posting! ThumbsUp

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing those results, Lisa.

I participate in some research projects at CMU that are sent to me via a professor there and I usually find them both interesting and informative.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7402 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Do I perchance spy SPSS output in that report? Razzer

That was awesome, and I totally agree with LL#1's conclusion. I was also impressed at the writeup overall, and the fact that she didn't overgeneralize or state findings that weren't in the data itself.

Thanks for posting this!

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post