well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Good Things in Your Day..Post here
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Good Things in Your Day..Post here
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Our weather has been beautiful this week (not expected to last, alas). Winter is definitely over, we have daffodils and other bulbs have sprouted. But last night's highlight--it's now warm enough that the frogs have awakened/emerged and now croak a little symphony at night. I love that sound!

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Today's walk on the block behind me. This family has two of the nicest kids.

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My Spice House order arrived. Fines herbes, Poultry Stuffing Seasoning, Herbes de Provence, Tarragon, Garam Masala, Cumin, Apple Pie Spice (great on apples, walnuts, raisins, and brown sugar microwaved for a minute), Lake Shore Drive Seasoning, Pumpkin Spice.

My absolute fave to have at the table to put on things like veggies and mashed potatoes: Lake Shore Drive Seasoning (salt, shallots, onion, garlic, chives, pepper)

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37875 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
My AA home group had teleconference meetings last week. I joined one of them. Was great to hear some of them. Some of the people have become friends.
Tomorrow Zoom meetings start. That should be fun.
Had the "need" for a horse for several months until I realized I wanted to be 9 years old with horses and ponies again more than I needed a horse.
From Bob's I can easily walk to a place where several horses are kept in open air paddocks. Watching horses calms me even when I don't need to become calm.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Here are a few.

Last night CA son and Boston son and I (PA) enjoyed an hour plus of Skype facetime. We got to talk and joke about the virus, plus share experiences. (Showed them my over-full larder - it was really bought with the unconscious Momish preparedness of "in case I had to feed them and me for a few months." I'm on the keto diet and can't even eat carbs, most of which the nonperishables are.) Suspect the food-bank will benefit.

Got to see CA son's AirBnB studio including the owners' adorable dog. Was upset to learn older son has been spending many evenings with girlfriend. I'm thrilled he finally has a romantic interest, but she has three room-mates. Besides that he works in a "Blue Bike shop" and delivers organic groceries (both considered "essential services".)
We both agreed getting together for Passover was NOT going to happen. (Debating somehow having a Skyped seder - have to send each a family Haggadah.)

Reminds me the first ZOOMed Shabbat service was great, but I hope the next one includes a partipatory "Oneg" (shmooze and home Kiddush - blessing over the wine. BYO.)

Thrilled that the exercise equipment tech finally made it out, and managed to fix my failed exercise bike - the day RIGHT after the gyms closed. (I'd been expecting a high price and weeks wait-time to get back defective part. If it were at all fixable.) Had NOT worked going up and down my basement stairs owing to withdrawal.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
I "went to church" in Virginia this morning courtesy of Facebook Live, and then to coffee hour via Zoom (which offers breakout rooms). I felt surprisingly connected, though sitting all alone on my couch.

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
A neighbor around the corner held a prayer service in her front yard. She had ropes laid out to keep folks apart. There was a child's easel in the driveway with an invitation to join "Deacon Barbara".

The group here was singing (and waving to passersby) at the time we passed.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I got some good practicing done. Not exciting, but good.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
A really beautiful day today with rain due in a few hours. Spent the day in the sun working in the garden.

Very therapeutic.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Yesterday and today we saw these..I had wondered as they were in front of homes with young kids..

No matter..just as fun for us old folks..

The alphabet is scattered in the neighborhood..You need to change your walking pattern in order to find them all...My neighbor I walk with was poo pooing it..but this morning she was suggesting new routes..and gasping when she thought she found one. Smiler

MillCityGrows.org