well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Good Things in Your Day..Post here
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Good Things in Your Day..Post here
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
As tough as it is, it is only going to get worse..So I am working very hard to find positive, beautiful, happy things at least once a day.

My neighbor and I have been getting out and walking every day. The neighborhood is a hive of people, dogs, strollers..everyone keeps their distance but it is so nice to meet new folks.

So Wednesday we found these posted on telephone poles around the neighborhood. Smiler

Today, we heard music and found a neighbor on his stoop playing a mandolin. His 5-6 year old daughter was decked out in her dance gear doing pirouettes and other dance moves. We applauded from the street and she turned to us with a look on her face that said "if you think that was good...watch this!" And she stepped it up.. Big Grin

Her parents were not surprised and said she was a performer at heart...Made our day. Smiler

What little, lovely things are keeping your quarantine blues away?

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We've been taking walks and enjoying all the flowers that are starting to bloom.

Not seeing as much of our neighbors as we'd like maybe, but we enjoy yelling at them from across the street when we do! Big Grin

I am also enjoying spending so much time with my husband!! I work in my (home) office, then we meet up in the dining room for a 10am coffee break, then more work, then lunch together, then sometimes a 3pm coffee break... It's lovely!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh and Mr. SK and I have a Facetime date with a friend tomorrow, so that's nice! I might try to play the piano for her too, and see if that works.

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
We civil rights attorneys are working from home, and we are all super busy because of the overall chaos in the world.

So we are going to start having virtual Zoom happy hours where we get on-line and drink.

I'm looking forward to it!

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It appears I have a new side hustle that might dovetail with closing the business early and drawing SS. Gonna be hard on the crew.

But might save my butt. Maybe I can weave the crew in to the deal.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Met my classes yesterday on Zoom. I think this is gonna work.

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
My boy met with his Spanish tutor on zoom yesterday. It's working for us too.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Very glad to hear about the Zoom successes! My first Zoom class will be on Monday.

P*D how many students in that class?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
WTF, of course!

groupwave

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Very glad to hear about the Zoom successes! My first Zoom class will be on Monday.

P*D how many students in that class?

I have two classes this semester, both very small (six and seven). I'm blessed by circumstances this term.

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It was high 60's and sunny here yesterday. My daughter came out and we had Social Distance time on the deck. to sit in the sun was wonderful.

Vitamin D is good for your immune system!

Daughter looks awful in this pic. Chloe looks great.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Even the cat kept a respectful distance! Wink

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Nice photo, Mik.

Chloe looks very well fed. Not fat, just well fed.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Our kids came for social distance happy hour, too! They brought their own beverages, and we all sat in the sunshine and caught up a bit.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Chloe is very well fed. Blue Buffalo kibble and canned food for dinner. Plus she considers herself eligible to share my breakfast.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post