well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Romney flips

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romney flips
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
Spineless weasel of an air thief. Hypocrite.

Psst, Mitt baby, they're still not going to let you sit at their table during lunch....

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Predictable enough.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Since he's already burned his political bridges, I think he's flipping because of his religious feelings about abortion.

The right has spent the past four decades convincing a sizable number of principled people that this is the biggest sin of all, and thus they must oppose it, even if it means accepting any number of really pretty awful things. I know many people who are in this camp.

I also know some very devout people who have walked away from this position, but it required considerable soul-searching through a process that was agonizing for them. Most people take the easy road, which is "I can't vote for a baby murderer and therefore I don't have to think about who I vote for."

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15496 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Creating the abortion issue was a very smart move by the right.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Is this really a flip? I thought I read that initial reports that he wouldn’t support a vote were untrue. I think he said ‘emphatically untrue’.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Sad.

So disappointed in him.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post