well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post

A couple of towns on the "rails to trails" around us saved the old street lights when they were updated about 20 years ago. Each one has a plaque, so there must have been a good deal of fund-raising to get them installed on the path. Makes for pleasant strolling or biking as dusk turns to dark...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of CTPianotech
posted Hide Post

Last minute run up to Boston to catch a Sox/Yankees game.

Game summary:
A-Rod got drilled. Yankees won.

Fans of both went home happy. WhoMe

Posts: 825 | Location: CT | Registered: 10 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CTPianotech:

Game summary:
A-Rod got drilled. Yankees won.

Fans of both went home happy. WhoMe

CTP, you crack me up... ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
This. This is an 18" tall corn cob stool that one of my daughter's roommate's dad foisted off on them.

There is also a pink margarita lamp that I have not seen.

What's the foreign receptacle doing there on the wall? That looks like the ones we had in Australia in both the socket configuration and the little 0n-Off switches.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7375 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Zimmer:
The only UNESCO World Heritage Site I have ever visited.

That surprised me, given that there are two in California, two others relatively close to that one as well as Carlsbad Caverns further south in New Mexico as well as the Grand Canyon in between.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7375 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
The other front yard art I have been passing. I got out of the car to take the photo and only then realized it was a mosaic.

This is located in the front yard of a rental house at a very busy intersection.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Very cool, BL.

And I love the corn cob, Mik!

Hi, Mom.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
So pretty, WTG.

Yesterday this tree--which is was loaded with berries--was standing upright. Today the berries are gone and the tree is not upright. I think my friend Smokey is around.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10562 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Smokey gets around. Be careful.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:

Yeow. Unfortunately she did not take the recommended like of action for a black bear attack (it's different for brown bears): don't run! (They can run faster than humans and climb faster than humans, and it may just excite them). Up here they recommend making one's presence as big as possible, to stand very tall, wave one's hands high, and if the bear actually attacts to fight back as aggressively as one can.

I've been seeing them around since I moved here. Saw one crossing the road ahead of me over in Rumney a few weeks ago.

Had one at the bottom of the porch steps which I didn't know was there until I looked up from my spinning. I caught this pic of him/her after it had meandered to the edge of the lawn:

FYI, for those who followed this on FB: The bird feeders were put away a few months ago. Just the hummingbird feeder left and the bears haven't discovered it, and I hope it stays that way.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10562 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:

Yeow. Unfortunately she did not take the recommended like of action for a black bear attack (it's different for brown bears): don't run! (They can run faster than humans and climb faster than humans, and it may just excite them). Up here they recommend making one's presence as big as possible, to stand very tall, wave one's hands high, and if the bear actually attacts to fight back as aggressively as one can.

I've been seeing them around since I moved here. Saw one crossing the road ahead of me over in Rumney a few weeks ago.

Had one at the bottom of the porch steps which I didn't know was there until I looked up from my spinning. I caught this pic of him/her after it had meandered to the edge of the lawn:

FYI, for those who followed this on FB: The bird feeders were put away a few months ago. Just the hummingbird feeder left and the bears haven't discovered it, and I hope it stays that way.

Pretty exciting and beautiful!

While I still have my internet handle, BeeLady, I no longer have my hives in the front yard due to a lovely Mama bear and her cub who visited us a few too many times...They visited all the neighbors as well, an orchard, a barn with molasses horse feed... Razzer

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
For Bernard....

http://www.nydailynews.com/new...ng-article-1.1430921

jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17670 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Pretty much every day in our house....

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hey ron, what brand is the popper? Does it work well? Some of them seem to have a pretty flimsy stirring mechanism that jams or falls apart...been looking for something to replace my glass microwave popcorn popper from Germany. It really isn't very practical and is more of a collector's piece.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
My compost pile after deadheading daylilies...

I try to put as many flowers in the compost to create good compost karma.

jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17670 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post