well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Horses

Today's weather was very different than yesterday's! Cloudy & cool. The sun never broke through. Happy all the same.

Wow! That looks just like Mongolia. Eeker Where ARE you anyway?

Cannon Beach, Oregon. And I posted the wrong pic! This is the one I meant to post. Haystack Rock is way in the background. I posted a picture of it yesterday with blue skies.

Horses 2

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9788 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Another one belonging on the decor list! Love the reflection and the background.

it looks like a step back in time.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
Yesterday I saw Oliver while on a walk with my mom.

That is a very cute dog.

No doubt about it.

No kidding! What a face.
About how big is he?

He's 11 weeks old. I don't know my toy breeds very well; maybe he's a Shih Tzu? Couple of pounds maybe?

He was very sweet and remarkably well behaved for a puppy. He was facing the camera but heard something and turned around to look, so I only got the profile pic.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37779 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Had to go downtown today to get a paper signed... beautiful day, saw this as I walked from the car.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
[tour guide mode]

That's Alexander Calder's sculpture Flamingo. It's in the Federal Center Plaza (very cool pic of Chicago's skyline in this Wiki article) , surrounded by three buildings designed by Mies van der Rohe.

[/tour guide mode]

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37779 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today I saw the innards of my air conditioner and the blower that resides therein.

May it rest in peace.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34842 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today I saw cool furniture!

Posts: 34842 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Steve, What's the story behind the fridge/freeze looking pieces?

Like!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It's a new office attached to an airplane hangar at Chino Airport. I don't know where he got it. I'll ask him whe we go back to wire the kitchen.

Today we were there to hang the chandelier:

Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
A Great Blue Heron resting on a rock protruding from the bed of the old Illinois and Michigan Canal, behind the train station in Lemont:

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cannon Beach, Oregon.

Both of those photos are spectacular! ThumbsUp

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Cannon Beach, Oregon.

Both of those photos are spectacular! ThumbsUp

Thank you! It was a cool, cloudy day, but great for walking. And it's amazing what nice pictures I can take with my iPhone5. I hardly ever carry my other camera any more.

Posts: 9788 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I met up with folks for drinks to send off my colleague at work..He is not leaving his job, just moving to Ohio where he will work remotely...I depend on him most as he, along with one other person and me, make up our entire dept. He is by far the one I lean on most...

So as I walked down the block, the blinding sun didn't allow me to see the whole thing..I just got a glimpse of the colorful dots...so I went for it...walking down the alley past this view and looking back to take the photo, I got the full, charming view. Smiler

Later my closest friend at work, who is Taiwanese, asked if I would take her to an authentic Central American restaurant before we headed to our cars...The drinks gathering was at the "Margaritas" chain, where nary a Central American could be found...but within two blocks there are 3 Guatemalan restaurants and 2 "tiendas" with groceries, money wiring and smiling faces to greet you...

We had pupusas and horchata amongst all the Guatemalans there in the restaurant..The waitress' eye bugged out when I ordered in Spanish...My Taiwanese friend and I nearly fell off our chairs laughing after she tried to pronounce the word "gracias"....She needs to stick to English for now. Razzer

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Piano Again
posted Hide Post
Not sure I agree with this sentiment seen on a bumper sticker today ...

Read my blog: http://mymusiclifeblog.blogspot.com/

Posts: 3833 | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Yesterday, I met up with folks for drinks to send off my colleague at work..He is not leaving his job, just moving to Ohio where he will work remotely...I depend on him most as he, along with one other person and me, make up our entire dept. He is by far the one I lean on most...

So as I walked down the block, the blinding sun didn't allow me to see the whole thing..I just got a glimpse of the colorful dots...so I went for it...walking down the alley past this view and looking back to take the photo, I got the full, charming view. Smiler

Later my closest friend at work, who is Taiwanese, asked if I would take her to an authentic Central American restaurant before we headed to our cars...The drinks gathering was at the "Margaritas" chain, where nary a Central American could be found...but within two blocks there are 3 Guatemalan restaurants and 2 "tiendas" with groceries, money wiring and smiling faces to greet you...

We had pupusas and horchata amongst all the Guatemalans there in the restaurant..The waitress' eye bugged out when I ordered in Spanish...My Taiwanese friend and I nearly fell off our chairs laughing after she tried to pronounce the word "gracias"....She needs to stick to English for now. Razzer

That is very cool looking. And glad you got a bit more authentic for pupusas!