well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Looks familiar, although mine is just about clear. Yd though is snowy ice. And now they are saying some more might be coming mon?

Still trying to get off the couch. Gotta get some groceries and bank. Don't feel like it though.

Hope March is better, though I hear the winds tonite.

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:

Ah..February...I went for a run yesterday and the lane at the end of the drive is nearly impossible to walk on...Tomorrow I may drive myself to the main road and park the car, THEN run. Roll Eyes

Bee careful!

I haven't run in a while, but am going to warmer climes next week, so I plan to.

LL, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. What does the Dr. say?

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
dr? What dr? Dr mark forgot to weigh in!

Just the flu...it will run its course

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today I saw the Orpheum Theater in downtown LA. It's one of four theaters built for the Orpheum Vaudeville circuit in the late 20's.

My phone went dead shortly after I took that picture so I'll splice in a stock photo:

We saw the acapella group " Pentatonix " and they were spectacular. The group includes this guy who plays cello while beatboxing - a combination you don't hear every day. The live performance was somewhat "earthier" than this YouTube clip - in fact I'd say he beat the cello like a rented mule:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKVNrrrNxU0

The theater has one of three Mighty Wurlitzer theater organs left in LA and if I can figure out when they plan to play it next I want to go back to hear it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Beautiful place.

I enjoyed the cellist!

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
That theatre is stunning.

This is what I saw today. Is winter over yet?

End of Road by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4080 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Gonna be close to 40 degrees today - our sun seekers are enjoying the warmth...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
San Gabriel Mountains.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Today I saw the Orpheum Theater in downtown LA. It's one of four theaters built for the Orpheum Vaudeville circuit in the late 20's.

z

My phone went dead shortly after I took that picture so I'll splice in a stock photo:

We saw the acapella group " Pentatonix " and they were spectacular. The group includes this guy who plays cello while beatboxing - a combination you don't hear every day. The live performance was somewhat "earthier" than this YouTube clip - in fact I'd say he beat the cello like a rented mule:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKVNrrrNxU0

The theater has one of three Mighty Wurlitzer theater organs left in LA and if I can figure out when they plan to play it next I want to go back to hear it.

You and OT live in THE most gorgeous places - in architecture and natural beauty. If I could afford it, I'd be there too - San Diego or SF, especially. (Scared of the traffic in LA).

This last Winter was the last straw in persuading me. Now, you're first on my wish list for retirement moves. Oh, OK while I'm rubbing my Aladdin's lamp, I'm still interested in Paris and environs of Marseille.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
posted Hide Post
I suppose this should be "what I tried today"

My wife got her Google Glass today.

Posts: 20891 | Registered: 23 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Zimmer:
I suppose this should be "what I tried today"

My wife got her Google Glass today.

I met someone with one of those last weekend. She let me try it. It was weird! You kind of stare off into space to see the little picture. You can ask it questions, and it completely garbled my question, so the answer didn't make any sense.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Well, I had to look that one up, Rick. still not sure what it means and the applications. You look at a screen through that little lens and only with one eye,while the other eye is looking at the world?

saw the you tube but that was mostly taking a pic or video started by voice, and still not sure of what the other eye was doing...

I did notice that although they show pit over glasses, that it did not recommend that.

Let us know more please!

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I've been itching to try it - a photographer friend from Detroit just got his as well but like a moron I let my passport expire so can't go over there. The trial program isn't available in Canada.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4080 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Well, I had to look that one up, Rick. still not sure what it means and the applications. You look at a screen through that little lens and only with one eye,while the other eye is looking at the world?

saw the you tube but that was mostly taking a pic or video started by voice, and still not sure of what the other eye was doing...

I did notice that although they show pit over glasses, that it did not recommend that.

Let us know more please!

LL, it's basically a smart phone -- does most of what a smart phone can do, but all in the lens in front of you, by touching the eye glass frames or being picked up by the camera and microphone on the glasses.. And rather than type, you speak all commands, emails, etc.

It will take her some time to get used to how it works. It will also take some time to get used to not always looking at the small square in the top of the lens and adjust how her eyes see around it -- not unlike getting used to bi or tri-focals. Just a matter of training your eye.

It is very, very cool and I can see it becoming one of those things we will all have in 10 years or so.

Here's the wikipedia link for it.

Google Glass

And yes, you can get it with prescription glasses.

Posts: 20891 | Registered: 23 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I had read the wiki on it. and others.

Still haven't seen an answer to what the other eye is doing!

Was this another birthday present for her?