well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
No picture, as I was driving. But a big bird of prey came down and grabbed a good-sized squirrel and then flew very low directly over the highway. I could see the squirrel's face as they went by.

You will remember that for a long time.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Mt Hood by pianomom2001, on Flickr

Mt. Hood last night on the way home. Mt. Jefferson in the background.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That's just gorgeous!

ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
That's just gorgeous!

ThumbsUp

Thank you! I took a similar picture on Saturday, outbound to St. Louis. We were further north and higher up. Pretty in a different way.

Mt. Hood, Jefferson, and the Sisters by pianomom2001, on Flickr

I try to get a window seat on the appropriate side of the plane for east/west flights with daylight.

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
The first summer I was in Washington, DC, my uncle took me to Harper's Ferry on July 4. We got out of the car and he said, "look at the mountains!"

I looked around and said, "mountains? Where???"

He looked at me and barked, "are you blind?" Stretching his arms out in front of him, he said, "right here. Those. Those MOUNTAINS!"

I looked again. I didn't see any mountains. I informed him, "if it doesn't have snow on it year 'round, it's not a 'mountain', it's a 'hill'."

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
That's just gorgeous!

ThumbsUp

Thank you! I took a similar picture on Saturday, outbound to St. Louis. We were further north and higher up. Pretty in a different way.

Mt. Hood, Jefferso, and the Sisters by pianomom2001, on Flickr

I try to get a window seat on the appropriate side of the plane for east/west flights with daylight.

Beautiful! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
The first summer I was in Washington, DC, my uncle took me to Harper's Ferry on July 4. We got out of the car and he said, "look at the mountains!"

I looked around and said, "mountains? Where???"

He looked at me and barked, "are you blind?" Stretching his arms out in front of him, he said, "right here. Those. Those MOUNTAINS!"

I looked again. I didn't see any mountains. I informed him, "if it doesn't have snow on it year 'round, it's not a 'mountain', it's a 'hill'."

ROTFLMAO

I felt that way about the Catskills.

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I don't know how to post pics anymore...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Go to postimg.org. If you just want to post one picture do it from the first page. Select the picture you want and then select "Hotlink for Forums" to post it here.

If you want to store your pictures in albums then sign up (it's free).

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post

from Phoenix craigslist

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Seen at a stoplight:

Doodle stalks the Serengeti:

Doodle hurdles:

Home Depot has installed a machine that sells Mexican Coke. Smart marketing - Mexican Coke tastes way better than American Coke (cane sugar vs. HFS) and a lot of the guys who shop at HD know that:

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I am getting more into my new city life...Volunteered at a local org but had to turn around in a driveway to find a parking space...I turned in this driveway Eeker

Jonathan Bowers House

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I don't check this thread often enough.

Really beautiful!

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Dang no photo...

I was in a more rural town tonight to help Shorty pick up his now repaired car. He was in front of me on the country road driving home RIGHT at the town line sign and suddenly there was traffic...Folks ahead were hanging out their windows and I got worried that someone or their pet had been struck...

I moved ahead just enough to see there was a large snapping turtle in the road and the car oncoming had the passengers out trying to direct it back off the road.

The minute I noticed this, I saw out the right side of my car someone running..she popped out the front, while putting on a day glo vest...Once she put it on, I could read what it said on the back "TURTLE RESCUE".

She leapt into action, like Wonder Woman, leaned down, picked up the creature and replaced him into the wetland...Everyone got back in to their cars and "Wonder Woman" ran back toward my car and disappeared. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post