well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
A beautiful coffeehouse opened in our neighborhood.

It is part of a new apartment complex on the waterfront. The name is Coffee'd, which is a chain, but the coffee is good.

The space is wonderful...bright, airy and inviting. Quite large, two seating areas (one higher) and no food service yet, but that's coming. I hope they can make it business-wise.

http://i204.photobucket.com/al.../P09-26-16_11.57.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/al.../P09-26-16_11.57.jpg

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13778 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Happy 219th birthday to the USS Constitution. She's in dry dock for repairs.

I was interested to learn about how dry docks work. They are a lot like locks.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the frigate pictures, RF. I'm glad to see the old girl being kept alive for future generations.

When I was a boy, my family traveled as far as Boston on a vacation. I remember seeing the masts of Old Ironsides from a distance, but my father grew so frustrated with trying to maneuver the streets of Boston that we drove away without ever making it shipside.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7375 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Oh that's too bad. I think you would really enjoy a visit.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I sometimes run to the back entrance of the local cemetery....a lovely place..

I am still exploring the grounds and spied an unusual marker..on my way there..I found..

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
A strange place for a fancy birdhouse -- a busy urban intersection. A project of the Boy Scouts?

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13778 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
No picture, as I was driving. But a big bird of prey came down and grabbed a good-sized squirrel and then flew very low directly over the highway. I could see the squirrel's face as they went by.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Popularity Seeker
Picture of Catseye3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
No picture, as I was driving. But a big bird of prey came down and grabbed a good-sized squirrel and then flew very low directly over the highway. I could see the squirrel's face as they went by.

Did it look something like this?

"Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace." -- Mike Ditka

Posts: 753 | Registered: 27 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
A visit with Bernard Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Two-and-a-half miles to the end of my road, just a bit down to the right. Mt. Moosilauke. It stands at the southwestern edge of the White Mountains.

(I pasted the location from my FB page, so if you can't see it, let me know.)

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10562 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That's beautiful country, Bernard.

ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
The birdhouse I posted a few entries upthread has found a new home...at a neighbor's house up the street from me. As you can see, he is fond of woodworking, judging from his own handiwork (he also built his kids a treehouse out back). I've been told he's also a bicyclist and pianist, like moi, so we ought to get to know each other.

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Look who came to visit today!!

Peggy and I have been friends for almost 15 years. This is the first time we have met in person!

Thanks to the forums for bringing such wonderful people into my life. Yes

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Great photo! Glad you two got together!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That's so cool, BL!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post