well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Had to kill a few hours yesterday and entertain GF's dog. Here's what we saw at the park;

Wasn't there a hairdo named after this?

Managment giving me his review of our day walking around and taking pictures:

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30028 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Today on the way to the PO to mail a box to Bernard, I ran across this parked out front. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
On Saturday I saw the quintessential Los Angeles street sign.

Beautiful chairs in the waiting area of Union Station, newly reupholstered and roped off so no one can sit in them:

Fine old ticket counter, now unused and also roped off:

Upscale graffiti on the side of a building on Melrose

A collection of fireman's hats on the wall of the old fire barn on the Olvera Street Plaza:

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Quick trips to New York on two consecutive Fridays this month.

I got in at sunset last night and saw this view of One World Trade from my hotel:

I went to see Blythe Danner in A Country House on Broadway, and came home to this:

I stayed up too late working, and woke in the morning to this:

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Did the drive both ways in one trip (7.5-8 hours each way) for a college visit.

Yesterday before heading home, we stopped at Arlington Cemetary as we had never been there.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Went for a waterfall hike with a friend, but my favorite picture of the day is this: Three water striders, and their shadows, in the very clear water of Oneonta Creek, Columbia River Gorge.

Look at the shadows of their feet; no wonder they can walk on water!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
https://plus.google.com/photos/search/%23AutoAwesome?pid=6062149740384792834&oid=112586337329742582634

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Saw this sticker in a 1920's era Kimball grand this morning. I wonder if he ever raised his rates, and how he did that with all these stickers in place?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Getting a little love from someone else on the path today!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Stopping at the market (Market Basket ThumbsUp) on the way home from a 5K run with Rustyfingers.

Twitter tells us it is a local used car lot..large one..and the black smoke just got worse after I took this. Glad it wasn't homes.

MillCityGrows.org

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I, myself, did not actually see this.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post

Got a new toy that other coffee geeks might enjoy! Hoping for less mess on the counter due to static 'fling' during the dry months. Kindof meditative to spin the handle...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
For Steve Miller... Wink

This weekend...I ran a 5k near my parents home...the last 1/2 mile was up the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk. Smiler

I have an old friend from HS that I reconnected with, ironically, on a beach vacation when I spotted him walking by..We have stayed close since...

He met me after the race...Heh..he was at the finish line long after I had finished. Big Grin

So we met up to do the "Cauwfy Tauwk while Wauwking". (We grew up in NJ Razzer ) The only cafe open was one I had seen the night before..

The cafe is run by a housing developer...They had high end coffees (better coffee and environs than SB's) and since it was the only place open nearby on an off season Sunday morning in we went..

I snapped photos of the bar..you can sip coffee, eat scones while looking over their floorplans.

But after taking the photo, my friend said something sarcastic about a kitchen on the ceiling...I said... WTF

He instructed me to walk back to the entrance and look up..OMG..There is a @#%^&ng kitchen on the ceiling...

More on Schell's cafe

MillCityGrows.org