well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of Kenny
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Dol.

Ever the geek, may I ask the SS, aperture, ISO and camera make and model and lens?

--------------------------------
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings" - Victor J. Stenger

Posts: 9817 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Thanks! And Of course!
I have a Canon 70D. I was shooting with my 70-200mm, and was zoomed to about 100mm (106mm, according to the exif). F5.0, 1/250, ISO 1600.

I brought it into Lightroom and bumped the contrast a touch (which I find is always necessary when I shoot RAW), but didn't touch it other than that.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4080 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Annuals under the wires:

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
And a flowering magnolia tree:

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I think I can represent the East Coast crowd..

THANK YOU, STEVE!!!

It is only mid January and we have already had two snow storms and zero degree weather.. Eeker

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
And a flowering magnolia tree:

I love these. Every spring, I decide I want one, and then forget when the neighborhood ones turn into regular old trees again...

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
posted Hide Post
About a mile from my house, the high tech way the City of Anaheim is clearing brush from a hillside adjacent to a major street.

Posts: 20891 | Registered: 23 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We have a goat site in PDX, too. But now it's time for the goats to move on, and the next place fell through. The goat owners are now trying to figure out what to do with the goats, because they can't home them. Oops.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Dog doesn't seem too concerned. ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
This is a great business..Our town has used goat services in the recent past.

You rent a herd of goats for a time and then they move on..

The recent one I have seen is The Goat Girls

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Love the goat idea - I had never heard of it, but it's very clever!

I was an event photographer for The Princess Ball yesterday. Proceeds to cystic fibrosis Canada. I took lots of photos, but love this one:

Rolling out the Red Carpet by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4080 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today I saw architectural details at the Griffith Park Observatory:

Confusion beautifully presented:

And the organ at the Griffith Park carousel - which looks old but was actually built in 1987:

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I love the calliope!

There is one that comes out to western Ma at the Fall Expo. They fascinate me.

I also saw some very old ones (played) at one of the museums we went to in Europe.

That one fascinated me even more!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

And the organ at the Griffith Park carousel - which looks old but was actually built in 1987:

And that is QUITE a calliope (or wait. IS it an organ - or are they types of the same thing?) Don't think I ever saw one so big and beautiful.

It also looks new. The ones I recall (all too few) always look scruffy and obviously old.

Someone loves and takes pride in maintaining this one! I wish I could hear it. It would bring back carnivals from my childhood. *Sigh*

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:

I was an event photographer for The Princess Ball yesterday. Proceeds to cystic fibrosis Canada. I took lots of photos, but love this one:

Rolling out the Red Carpet by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

And I love that little princess too. It's quite a magical photo, Dol. I can see why you're so fond of it.

I wonder what it would look like if the carpet were rendered in red, and the rest B&W as is.

(Cystic Fibrosis is one of THE worst plagues. You were working for a very good cause. I hope your little princess wasn't a sufferer.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post