well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Ron, yum!!

My view today. I made a point of doing a longer run...I ran past the home of another runner, a woman way ahead of her time in so many ways. Yes Any non locals want to guess who she is?

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of susan dorris
posted Hide Post
No idea, but I love her house!

Posts: 4843 | Location: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: 21 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I believe I know! Won't spoil it though

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Ya know what they say..when you get lemons...

Making tracks and getting some exercise.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:

I get the "vernacular" thing, but that is one scary looking house.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34846 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Morticia Addams?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Morticia Addams?

Big Grin Louisa May Alcott. She mentions taking runs in her journals from the time she was a girl into adulthood.

She was also the first woman in the US to vote. Concord allowed women to vote for the school committee and she rushed down to be the first to cast her ballot. Smiler

MillCityGrows.org

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post

Full moon over Chihuly, Tacoma, WA Friday night

Seattle street music, in the rain, Saturday night

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9788 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The Scots Festival at the Queen Mary

Main event was the Highland Games. Very large humans stomping around and throwing heavy things:

Those poles in the foreground are called "cabers". The men toss the large ones, the women toss the small ones.

This is how they do it. The announcer is the same as the one at the Queen Mary event. That announcer tried to get me to try it - said I'd be a "monster" with a little practice. Cool

This young lady is throwing a 26 pound weight over a bar set to about 12 feet. She made it:

The men in the background are throwing that 25 pound blue bundle (called a "sheaf") over the bar with a pitchfork. Earlier that day a 71 year old man set the world record for his age group with a height of 22 feet. The younger guys were clearing 30 feet.

Lots of Bagpipe Bands

Darts competition

Posts: 34846 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The ticket included the run of the ship. This is the Promenade Deck.

Close up of the railing in the "Observation Bar".

Detail of the heating registers in the bar:

The whole ship is an Art Deco wonderland. This showroom is where they were conducting the children's dance competition:

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Plenty of food and things to buy. Try the Haggis - it's delicious! ThumbsUp

Has Achieved Nirvana
posted Hide Post
What fun!

No way I could even lift those things, much less throw them!

And yea, the Queen Mary is gorgeous.

Posts: 20891 | Registered: 23 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Wow what fun!!!

Brings back memories of the Highland Games in Nova Scotia we attended ages ago.

We stayed on the Queen Mary over night when Mr. BeeLady's company held their holiday party there. Or rather, the dinner was under the Spruce Goose's wings and we could stay in the ship hotel so we didn't drive home after imbibing. Wink

MillCityGrows.org

"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
The Art of the Brick at the Discovery Times Square Center. Nathan Sawaya's Lego Art. Pretty amazing stuff.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I love Legos..the bricks..the kits so specific it is hard to use your imagination..not so much.

This is a bit late..From Sunday. Our warm weekend included some salt therapy on the driveway, followed by late after noon chopping before the precipitous drop in temp. Oldest helped and all I could think of was that Honduras was lookin' pretty good to him now!

Ah..February...I went for a run yesterday and the lane at the end of the drive is nearly impossible to walk on...Tomorrow I may drive myself to the main road and park the car, THEN run. Roll Eyes

MillCityGrows.org