well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I tend to forget how small new babies are until I actually see one again. They grow so fast.

Big Al

--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7379 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Just uncurling..."So this is the world, huh?"

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Loving all the recent pics!

Mine is not great but the experience was...A neighborhood block party yesterday..I was one of three Kerri's!

One guy even brought his porch furniture, a smoker, 2 pork loins and a meat slicer!! There was a bouncy house and box hockey.

We figured that most lived here either less than 3 years or more then 30. I met the woman who put the wicker furniture on my porch 40+ years ago! I am, of course, the Kerri who lives in the White's house...Just behind the two houses on the left..mine is between on the back side..

Shorty has been working on the porch, that you can see propped up, for good cash pay...The neighbor is teaching him so much...Steve Miller would be proud!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Cat Napping (Ms. RP and our cat, Boo.) I couldn't resist catching the similar poses. Boo has a habit of crossing her front paws; I haven't seen other cats do that.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:

Shorty has been working on the porch, that you can see propped up, for good cash pay...The neighbor is teaching him so much...Steve Miller would be proud!

That's fantastic! ThumbsUp

He has not asked for my advice, but if he did I would tell him to back prime everything with oil based primer and rub exterior caulking on all cut edges before installing the wood. It will make things last years longer.

I don't know what his career path looks like, but there are much worse trades than being a fine finish carpenter. I can't find one who can get me on his schedule to save my life right now at any price.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34849 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Pokémon Go players in "action" ...

After weeks of hype, close to my lunch spot, right the middle of a work day, I've finally witnessed it: close to a dozen men (and one middle/high school girl) loitering and panning around with their cell phones. One of them was kind enough to confirm that indeed they're looking for Pokémons. Then right it front of the restaurant, I see a chalk-on-blackboard sign advertising "We're a Pokéstop!"

Edit: follow up ... As I was walking out of the restaurant, I saw more adults and a few more kids panning around with their cell phones, presumably to catch Pokémons, and the same high/middle school girl was still there doing same.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Went out the back door this morning and found this in the yard. It's from a hickory tree. Our area had a little microburst a few days ago, but no damage here.

Last night there was a little rain. This morning, this:

EDIT: Today we got the chainsaw out. It looks worse before it looks better:

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Hickory wood?

Time to break out the smoker! ThumbsUp

Posts: 34849 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Say this white traveling on a highway. I was in the passenger seat, so I managed to take a few pictures while my vehicle passed it by:

Don't know if there is any casualty, hope there isn't. At the time there was only one first responder vehicle and several first responders starting to put down traffic cones. So it must have been early in the incident.

I suppose that's what a burning car looks like in real life.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Ax -- I've seen that before -- right on my own block -- twice!

Don't get the idea I live in a sketchy neighborhood...

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
The first time I saw a burning car was in NYC on the way to a Mets game. I was really upset, but my New York friend was very blase about it. She said that it happens all the time for insurance fraud.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
A dorm room and lots of college students, including one of my very own.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Ran across this photo on a Toyota forum I frequent and immediately grabbed the edge of my desk:

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
What a hoot! A first time event in my new city..there is NEVER nothing to do here..I ran in to new friends, neighbors and former coworkers at this event...People powered only, must get over 'bone shaking' cobblestones, mud and water...what a riot! I think this will be back next year!

The first view of competitors

The mud obstacle had only one getting thru without help.

And then water...They all made it, though very slowly...

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Looks like lots of fun, BL.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10563 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post