well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37923 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Early autumnal magnificence...

No, it's not out of focus

Pyrotechnics

A glimmer of things to come

Virility

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Nice, Bernard. There are few things more pleasant than a walk in the woods with your eyes open.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7409 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
While not today, it was in NH,where Bernard lives, this past Saturday...

I attended a large yard sale sponsored by the Boy Scouts...Across the street I had breakfast at this sweet little diner where this photo was on the back of their menu, taken there at their counter in honor of Normal Rockwell. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I saw:

pdxknitterati supermoon harvest moon eclipse 2015

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Yesterday I saw:

It's all backwards to me...unless this was coming out of the eclipse.

am i thinking that that is correct for the other side of the states?

as it was starting/almost covered, the white was on the bottom right here

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Yesterday I saw:

It's all backwards to me...unless this was coming out of the eclipse.

am i thinking that that is correct for the other side of the states?

as it was starting/almost covered, the white was on the bottom right here

Yes, this is coming out of the eclipse. The moon was already mostly eclipsed when it rose over here in the Pacific Northwest. It was so eclipsed, we could barely see the pinkish orb as it rose up through the sunset tinted haze on the horizon.

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I cannot post a photo but the experience stays with me..

My alarm goes off at 5:20AM every morning..I get up to run 2 miles in the dark with a headlamp now as it is Oct.

But this week was different..on my left I saw movement...looked up to see an owl pass over my head..totally silent..even with the flap of his wings...

I was in awe...I saw the bird's underside as he passed over my head...It was beautful....

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Very cool, BL. How exciting!

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Be careful -- apparently there's an attack owl on the loose!

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/...rs-in-maryland-park/

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Be careful -- apparently there's an attack owl on the loose!

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/...rs-in-maryland-park/

We have had a mother goshawk locally..The town paper posted locations and warnings...Years ago Oldest was about 12 when a goshawk mom swooped low enough that she nearly snatched his baseball cap!

MillCityGrows.org

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
sourwood tree

A gorgeous sourwood tree in the neighborhood.

Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Short eared owl

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 384 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I love owls.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37923 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Yup me too, and more so as they're rarely seen in the wild in daylight. Only ever seen this and a barn owl in good viewing conditions. Others like the snowy/eagle/little/greatgrey I've seen in a bird sanctuary. Every one of them a gorgeous looking killer.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 384 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post