well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today I saw Bella, a 3 month old lion cub. All she really wants to do now is play, but in two month she will be too big and strong to pose for photos:

The guy on my right is Ron. We have been friends for not quite 48 years and it was good to see him again.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
This picture is from the top of the Santa Barbara Courthouse.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The last couple weekends My Favorite Redhead, our Sheltie and I have been taking walks in different parts of the riverfront parks. Last week we saw the boat we were married on, but could not get a good shot of it.

Saturday we went to a new park we had never been in, and saw something really neat and fun. They designed in a half dozen metal porch swings on a little bluff over the river. Very, very cool place to swing and watch the river go by. There is a slideshow in the link.

http://wvxu.org/post/cincinnat...male-riverfront-park

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sweet! ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The suspension bridge in the background is the Civil War era Roebling bridge, his prototype for the Brooklyn Bridge.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet bridge, Mik. More about it is here.

If you're interested in historic bridges, the Wheeling, West Virginia suspension bridge, designed by Charles Ellet Jr., is even older.

I'm very fond of beautiful bridges. They're among the highest of engineering acheivements IMHO.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
LOVE the swings!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Wow, Steve! That's awesome getting to hold a lion cub! I'm envious.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Seen at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in NY this morning. I popped in for a look-see before work since it had been along time since I had been inside and I've lately been reading about gothic cathedral architecture.

This is one of two 6-ton sculptures made of recycled building stuffs that are on display in the nave. The exhibit is from China and is called "Phoenix". Totally awesome.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The new(er) tunermobile!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is one of two 6-ton sculptures made of recycled building stuffs that are on display in the nave. The exhibit is from China and is called "Phoenix".

That is one strange bird!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:

Snow shoeing today..

We visited a place I took Rustyfingers to some years ago..I think it was on their first ever Geocaching trip. It is called "The Cow Tunnel" as it was built by a farmer so his cows could move between the pasture and the barn without crossing the busy road..
Judging from the foot prints we found, it seems the deer like to use it now.

It was, and now thecomputerdude really has the bug for it.

A very cool place and a very cool cache. Cooler now of course. Did you stop for ice cream, or are they closed in the winter?

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Nope, no ice cream till spring or July from the looks of it now..

Tonight in catching up on email I found a friend..She must be feeling just like me..Wanting to escape cabin fever!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The mighty Cheyenne crew unloads the trailer at the transfer station:

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Something that looked like this. This is the closest pic I can find to the degree of smoke.

My FILs health is failing, after two and a half years battling lung cancer. So we are on our way to be with him and on our way around Indy something happened to us I have never seen before. The car in front of instantly erupted into a billow of white smoke thicker than being in a cloud in a plane. I was utterly blind ahead, beside and behind at 75 mph. I could not see the vehicle in front to know if it was stopping or had exploded or what and had no idea if the vehicles behind me could see me.

Luckily nothing hit us and in a few long seconds the smoke cleared..the vehicle just kept going down the road like nothing happened!

I have never seen or heard of anything like this in ten years in the auto industry or forty years driving.