well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Some of those giant Hostas in the side yard...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7548 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Down on the Youghiogheny River, Rick?

If you're still in the area and would like to get together, give me a call or drop me an e-mail or PM.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7391 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Some of those giant Hostas in the side yard...

You beat me to it! I took a picture of one of the plantinageas in my yard a few days ago (I think it is 'Venus", but I don't know for certain because the tags have gotten lost over time). Hadn't gotten around to posting it.

Not only are the blossoms large and gorgeous, but they have the most wonderful scent.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37834 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
Down on the Youghiogheny River, Rick?

If you're still in the area and would like to get together, give me a call or drop me an e-mail or PM.

Big Al

Valley Falls State Park, WV.

Thanks Al. Am on the plane heading back to the Left Coast. Would have liked to have seen you but my wife, son and I were going from sun up to well after sun down for three days. Saw lots of PIT and Western PA. As always, very impressed.

Will post more pics later.

Posts: 20891 | Registered: 23 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today I saw Cachuma Lake. It's a reservoir up above Santa Barbara that provides water for Santa Barbara and several other cities nearby.

It's currently at 37% of capacity and dropping fast. I have never seen the surrounding hills so dry. Eeker

Local vintners told me that we should expect some really good wine to come out of the region this year but precious little of it owing to how grapes react to water stress.

The bakeries in Solvang however, are not affected. Cool

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34876 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Rick...

That "wilderness" looks like a place I've been camping a few times:

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30033 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post

Evening sailing on the Columbia River, yesterday.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9794 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sweet! ThumbsUp

Posts: 34876 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
A Tesla showroom in (of all places) a shopping mall. The store is on the second floor. Not sure how they got the car up there.

They only had this car and a bare chassis. I got to sit in the car and while it is very nice I am not sure about $83K.

Slick engineering. The batteries are all under the floor which makes the center of gravity very low. The electric motor is in the back.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
A Tesla showroom in (of all places) a shopping mall. The store is on the second floor. Not sure how they got the car up there.

They only had this car and a bare chassis. I got to sit in the car and while it is very nice I am not sure about $83K.

Slick engineering. The batteries are all under the floor which makes the center of gravity very low. The electric motor is in the back.

Nice. Eventually they'll come out with a car for the masses. That's what we're waiting for.

Posts: 9794 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Birthday loot!

Birthday loot! Appeared on my doorstep while I was out. Cupcake Jones six pack and an Eiffel Tower tiara. Perfect!

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Recently I had seen a local story about a small town near here adopting this new logo for disabled parking...

I mentioned it to my Graphic Arts major college student, aka Middle, as a potential project on campus.

Then we pulled into the dorm parking lot and...they beat us to it! Smiler

You can learn more about the project at Accessible Icon

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
My favorite time of year in the hidden garden. A lovely trio of plants flowering: 'Honorine Jobert' Japanese anemone, common toad lily, and great blue lobelia.

It's also bee heaven!

Larger version here.

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
What I saw..and posed for..

My summer bucket list included this hike. But after an earlier, easier one, Mr. BeeLady decided it was just too much for him.

So my friend, who is recovering from Multiple Mieloma treatment offered to take me! Blink

She blazed the challenging trail today..I could never have done it with out her.

She took this photo at my request for my Mom...The year carved is my birth year. Yes

Mount Monadnock, NH (for hikers, we took "White Dot" up, "White Cross" down. Whew! 2 hours up, 1.5 down.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic! ThumbsUp