well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Beautiful country!

I hope you'll hike back up there to photograph when the leaves turn. ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today I saw a nice little garden with succulents in it at a condo complex on the Marina. It's new and hasn't filled in yet but it's looking good already:

It's at the base of this cool wooden footbridge (which needs new lighting - the reason I was there):

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I love the texture in that new garden.
Just wish people would half bury their rocks, to make them look more natural.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I agree! ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Beautiful, Bernard! A little bit of heaven.

It sure is, AdagioM. And the best part, as I was thinking while coming down this afternoon (which was almost as hard as climbing up!), is that I don't have to leave to go back to NYC. I'm here! Smiler As much as there is about NY that I love, it sure feels good to know that if I want to climb the mountain again tomorrow, I can. Ah, this peace is heavenly. Yes.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10560 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Beautiful country!

I hope you'll hike back up there to photograph when the leaves turn. ThumbsUp

Absolutely, Steve! I was thinking about that this afternoon. Oh man, if this fall is anything like last year it'll be great.

Posts: 10560 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Today I saw a nice little garden with succulents in it at a condo complex on the Marina. It's new and hasn't filled in yet but it's looking good already:

Beautiful. I remember when I visited Kenny some years back, being enthralled with the flora. It was all so unfamiliar and new and fresh to my New England eyes.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, Skin-Boku Nursery and stroll garden in Wentworth.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Today, Quincy Bog in Rumney. Beautiful, tranquil, and a flat hike.

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Bernard what a change from Brooklyn! Love your photos!

Tonight Shorty and I shopped at Costco. This was in the parking lot near the front door. Big Grin

And on the way home we shopped in stores in the plaza with our closest Market Basket...I went in only far enough to take this pic and add my receipt to the collection.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Today I saw a huge pickup truck on giant wheels.
A sticker covered most of the rear window.
It read OVERCOMPENSATING.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25665 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
Blooming Greek oregano.

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
Hiding behind a local industrial area is a little gem of a wetland. Years ago it was a degraded swampy area completely overrun by invasive Phragmites reeds, but was remediated and returned to something akin to its former state.

I had known it was there, and one could see the remediation in progress, albeit from afar. But then, I noticed recently on Google Maps that there had been a bike/pedestrian path put in alongside it, and that the path was accessible from the parking lot of the ice arena that abuts it.

So, yesterday, in between errands, I stopped by to take a look. It doesn't appear that anyone ever uses it, and as I walked the path alone, I felt an uplifting sense of peace and solitude. I saw all kinds of interesting plants and wildlife in a natural setting, literally only two miles from my house.

I shall have to return soon!

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
posted Hide Post
Out wandering in the wilderness of a state which is not my own....

Posts: 20891 | Registered: 23 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
In Nashville:

Piano

The gold leafed piano that Priscilla gave Elvis on the occasion of their first wedding anniversary. It's a Kimball. It's in the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Floyd Cramer's piano in RCA Studio B, where thousands of hits were recorded. Elvis played this piano, and I played a silent glissando in his memory yesterday on the 37th anniversary of his passing.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post