well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
And a model home with a wine tasting room instead of a living room:

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Mostly yesterday actually...I went to HS in New Jersey and a classmate just happens to live in the same school district here in MA. She just bought a Cape home and is inviting her various social groups down...

This weekend was HS...though two of the attendees I have known since waaaay before that...We grew up together since kindergarten...What fun...We beached, ate, drank..LAUGHED, and took a day trip to Nantucket since most of the group had never been..What a great weekend.

Our first stop on our own walking tour of Nantucket (Mr. BeeLady and I have stayed near here several times so I was designated tour guide)

We stayed on the top deck of the ferry and I could NOT resist the view below..It made me giggle..

One of my favorite places when we vacationed here was "Children's Beach" The place accommodates families with children.. namely a playground just of the porch of a small diner that serves the BEST blueberry pancakes..Parents can eat and relax while the kids run around..and of course they have restrooms for all...

One for LilyLady. We walked lots to explore and show off the island to our first timers..this border garden took everyone's breath away..my photo does not do it justice...Everyone doubled back to take photos and oogle over this amazing border...

One of my HS friends on the bottom deck..the ride home was pretty choppy..

And for Steve Miller, we saw wedding prep as well..during the day we saw several homes in the neighborhood preparing..one had a young woman on the porch making flower arrangements in Ball jars, down the block another house had a tent.. An antique La Salle car was parked on the street waiting...all along the road were sign posts.."We Do!" "We Did!" "Future Family Ahead!" As we were leaving we caught sight of the wedding party having their photos taken on the beach..

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Such a beautiful area! ThumbsUp

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to walk in the mornings - today was on the local "rails to trails" path.

We've had favorable weather for the managed prairie.

Lots of blooms

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I forgot to post this photo last week. It was from our vacation in Montreal.

Just a routine traffic stop; nothing to see here. I'm wondering if he lost a bet with his partner.

More pix from vacay here.

And here's today's pic:

A whole lotta plums. I'm jamming now...

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of susan dorris
posted Hide Post
I knew that statue looked familiar....

Posts: 4843 | Location: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: 21 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
The one on Clayton is much bigger.

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post

The story of three jams

Or maybe four...

What Life?
Picture of Bill_D
posted Hide Post
I often travel over to the East Bay, and usually return off of Shellmound Road which has a bumpy road to the freeway. This road passes between two ponds which often attract feeding birds. Yesterday I saw a Blue Heron wading near the road, stopped the car and grabbed my camera for a shot... it's on my Flickr site, but also here...

Blue Heron_ by TucsonBill, on Flickr

Bill Daniels
I love the smell of coal smoke and steam in the morning...

Posts: 2515 | Location: San Francisco, California! | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
What I saw today in my mind's eye..

Today marks two years since this little boy died of complications of living with HIV. He was 9 years old.

Here he is at age 4 (with Oldest), while singing one of a huge library of songs inside that little head...He could sing for hours and never repeat himself!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Over the neighbor's house.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Wow - lucky you caught that! ThumbsUp

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Cool, PJ!

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I'm on vaca this week and have decided to take in the local scenery. Today I hiked up Rattlesnake which is a small mountain at the end of Halls Brook Road near me. The face of the mountain is a rock-climbing destination. Not for me. I took the 50-minute trail to the top where the Baker River Valley opens up below...

Into the woods:

Baker River Valley:

Zooming in on the quaint town of Rumney:

A slide!

Our windmills:

Looking into the Hills where I live. The road going up on the left is Halls Brook Road. At the end of it--4 miles in--you turn right and I'm up there about 1 mile, which is up and over to the right:

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10569 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, Bernard! A little bit of heaven.