well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
You have become quite the world wanderer, PJ.

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post

Visited a wind farm. Fascinating! This turbine blade is 129 feet long.

Wild Horse Wind & Solar Facility

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
We have many turbines here. Contentious local issue, but I love them. Great shots!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4080 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
We have many turbines here. Contentious local issue, but I love them. Great shots!

Thanks! I love them too. Stark and beautiful, and strangely mesmerizing.

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I got a bit lost this afternoon while looking for an off the beaten path antique store..I DID score two colanders.

But on the way home, I wasn't sure I was headed in the right direction..till I got some direction. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
I got a bit lost this afternoon while looking for an off the beaten path antique store..I DID score two colanders.

But on the way home, I wasn't sure I was headed in the right direction..till I got some direction. Smiler

I love this.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post

Whychus Creek, Central Oregon near Sisters

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I'm having fun with the square format; very Instagram.

On the way home we stopped at Black Butte Ranch so I could snap these two pictures; I remembered the view from a previous trip. I'm a big fan of snow-capped mountains.

Mt. Washington

Mt. Washington

Two of the Three Sisters (middle Sister Hope isn't visible from this location), and Belknap Crater in the foreground.

"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post

That's not good.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
RF, where is that?

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
In my town on the mansion mile...about 1/2 mile from my house. (I live on the other side of the tracks.)

I hadn't even heard about this! I guess it happened last summer.

I looked it up--the fire started in the walls of this $2+ million dollar home and broke out in flames at about 2am last July. It was a 3-alarm fire, one person in the house was home and escaped, and two dogs did not. No determination of what caused the fire, but arson was ruled out.

The house was totaled. The property was sold in December for demolition--We expect to see a new house on the property.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
This morning in the town store (the only store). I was standing at the little counter in the window where you put the milk in your coffee.

The owner is a bit of a curmudgeon but he is a great marketing guru. He has made this place a landmark and sponsors all kinds of great events in town.

He drives this truck, Bella, everyday. His former one, a pickup named Lucille, was totaled by a texting teen.

It sits outside the store that looks like something out of a movie, front porch with rockers, flags flying etc.

Bella in front of "Fern's"

MillCityGrows.org

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Youngest is home - here's a pic of the dorm room almost cleaned out...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7541 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
He drives this truck, Bella, everyday. His former one, a pickup named Lucille, was totaled by a texting teen.

"Lucille", what a great name for a pickup.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10560 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post