well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I'm taking my principal qualification course, so was on the road early this morning. This was at a crossroads I went through. The hamlet is labelled as Oungah, Ontario.

Oungah, Ontario by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Where is the "drool" emoticon when you need it?

That truck is fantastic! ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Houses left to go like that make me very sad.

Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Houses left to go like that make me very sad.

Frowner

There are so many around here. The combination of rural farmland and decreasing population isn't kind. I haven't photographed all the ones I drive by on my normal drive to work a half hour away (they aren't all as photogenic as his one) but there are houses around here that, if they were restored, could be stunning. Beautiful Victorian era farm houses in ruin. It is sad.

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Signs of spring in New England:

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Sigh. We aren't quite there with our signs of spring, yet. Though I do have lots of robins in the yard.

And I did see this...

Seasonally Appropriate by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I went on a hike In Forest Park this morning. It's 5,157 acres inside the city of Portland, which makes it the largest urban forest in the United States. I'd never been there before, and I'm a native Portlander!

It's trillium season.

So glad I got to see these.

Oxalis

Fiddlehead ferns

Salmonberry?

And I have no idea what these are.

A bunch of fungi!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Love love love those pics AM!

Love trilliums. Love unfurling ferns.

Don't know your unknown.

The salmonberry might be what I call Mt. Raspberry? (without looking either up) Spreading bushy type with thorns?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! AdagioM.

Well, look who's back! Smiler

Not much more to go, about a foot I think. I'm surprised at how fast the snow is disappearing.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10571 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
LL, I looked it up, and yes, salmonberry, Rubus spectabilis. It's native to this coast, but I'm guessing your mountain raspberry is related. I learned about these in Outdoor School, which is a 6th grade program here. That was quite a while ago!

Bernard, it was 70 degrees and sunny here yesterday. The amount of snow still in your yard astounds me.

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
And I have no idea what these are.

Looks like angelica to me. Probably Angelica arguta which is native to your area.

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
AM, I love your photos. Trilliums were special to my mom, and I've been thinking a lot about her as last week marks 13 years since she passed away. Her ashes are spread in a place not far from you that was named after that flower.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rustyfingers:
AM, I love your photos. Trilliums were special to my mom, and I've been thinking a lot about her as last week marks 13 years since she passed away. Her ashes are spread in a place not far from you that was named after that flower.

RF, is it Trillium Lake? We used to xc ski there. Beautiful.

Matt, yes, probably angelica!

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Okay, not today, but in the last week, I saw...

Every time I am at Heathrow airport, I see this airplane. It is the first 777 that British Airways got. Well, last week, I didn't just see it... I finally flew on it.

I went to a country in the Middle East for a few days to teach a class for the NFFMCo.

I walked around a bit one evening.

The hotel where I stayed is in the background.

And again, the hotel where I stayed is in the background.

Walking across this overpass...

I saw...

Sheesh. Can't grow 'em here for love or money. There, growing in a crack on a roadway overpass! Sheesh.

The U.S. Embassy doesn't have a flag flying. But this one does, across the street from it.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I saw...

Sheesh. Can't grow 'em here for love or money. There, growing in a crack on a roadway overpass! Sheesh.

Sorry, man, they like HOT weather, not the sickly, kind-of-warmish summer weather found in the Pacific Northwet.

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post