well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
More piano plate artwork - I see this on a lot of old pianos!

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
That paperwight is simply gorgeous.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Moon over Mystic Lake

This was taken at about 7:30 am.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today I saw that Photobucket is down and I can't post any pictures. Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

It's back up.

Today was the third day I played "MOM! Drop everything and come get me!"..So after spending 3 afternoons driving for 2 hours or so (after a full day of work Mad)..I had had it...On the way home I insisted on stopping at the local town used book sale....I only bought 4, all in Spanish to give away (per the purge thread! Wink)

But this bookcover stood out for some reason...

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Ugh - the tray under a plant has been leaking through the rug and padding into the hardwood - looks like a long time....

THAT'S exactly what my puppy training failure spots look like, only they smell bad too. Ptui!

Guess there's nothing to get them out. Have been hoping a super talented floor guy might be able to "tongue in" limited no. of boards, but that's probably magic wand thinking.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
More piano plate artwork - I see this on a lot of old pianos!

Cool!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Big Al, thanks!

RF: That is a gorgeous picture. Love the moon in the water.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
quote:

It's back up.

Today was the third day I played "MOM! Drop everything and come get me!"..So after spending 3 afternoons driving for 2 hours or so (after a full day of work Mad)..I had had it...On the way home I insisted on stopping at the local town used book sale....I only bought 4, all in Spanish to give away (per the purge thread! Wink)

But this bookcover stood out for some reason...

Cool. I don't know if I would have been able to resist it.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Thai dragon chili peppers

I have no idea why my family planted these. They are too hot to eat. They're pretty though.

Gadfly
Picture of Piano Again
posted Hide Post
Taken by Mr. PA out of our front door this morning:

Read my blog: http://mymusiclifeblog.blogspot.com/

Posts: 3833 | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
Have been hoping a super talented floor guy might be able to "tongue in" limited no. of boards, but that's probably magic wand thinking.

There are guys out there who can do that but they are not common and they are not cheap.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Have been hoping a super talented floor guy might be able to "tongue in" limited no. of boards, but that's probably magic wand thinking.

There are guys out there who can do that but they are not common and they are not cheap.

Started with 120 grit sandpaper and have been getting down through the finish by hand - actually looks much better....that left hand one came almost clear with a little sanding. Looks pretty shallow, I hope to bleach a bit after letting it dry out all the way.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Started with 120 grit sandpaper and have been getting down through the finish by hand - actually looks much better....that left hand one came almost clear with a little sanding. Looks pretty shallow, I hope to bleach a bit after letting it dry out all the way.

Awesome, ron! Photos would be most appreciated.

The stain must be far shallower than I'd have thought. Perhaps its being under a rug (which wicked away much moisture which kept evaporating), kept it that way. The puppy stains I hate, were hidden away in inaccessible parts of two rooms until I noticed them - too late. I'm sure the stains are DEEP - impossible to sand out without creating depressions in the flooring. Frowner

Interesting too, how part of your stain is squared off at the seam where one board meets another. Somehow suggests the gradualness of the process. There aren't "edges" in either of our stains.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Today, I saw two very happy college roomies haul in the coffee table we found at the dump. Nice size, great shape with a sturdy, not unattractive tile top. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post