Notify
Tools

Oscars
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
We rented A Star is Born last weekend. it was just okay. And no matter how talented Lady Gaga is, her name makes me gag and roll my eyes. About the stupidest stage name ever created. Nothing wrong with her real name.

I thought Green Room deserved Best Picture, one of the best films I have seen in years, and I'm glad the Academy did not allow the bogus criticism from Don Shirley's family to screw it up. One of the best screenplays around, too.

I was at the Helena Cathedral listening to the local symphony and chorale butcher perform Bach's Mass in B minor. They desperately need a new music director. So I didn't watch the Oscars. Sounds like my time would have been better spent.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch. Then again, I haven't in many years.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
And no matter how talented Lady Gaga is, her name makes me gag and roll my eyes. About the stupidest stage name ever created. Nothing wrong with her real name.

That's so funny because I love her stage name! The first time I heard of her I remember very distinctly thinking that it was a brilliant name!! I agree, her real name is just fine. But I have always loved her stage name! A lot of what she's doing these days might seem to fit more with just her real name, but "Lady Gaga" definitely fits all the music and videos etc. that she made initially starting out.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I love her stage name. Gaga after Freddie Mercury's "radio gaga" and "Lady because I can".

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post