Find
Notify
Tools

Oscars
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
A terrific show. The sort of thing I had given up on after watching the Grammys and (are you serious?) CMAs.

GaGa is the consummate entertainer and spot on key every time. J Hud must never sing again outside of a studio. She was consistently 2 cents flat and she made my dogs howl. Midler, at the tender age of 73, looks fabulous and sounds better.

Beautiful gowns, beautiful people, a minimum of politics, no host (should have been done years ago) and the result is a great show.

I will now make arrangements to see Roma - a black and white subtitled art piece of the sort I generally can’t stand - because it won enough awards that there must be something to it.

Anyone watch?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Barbara Streisand is living proof that if you have enough money you can get plastic surgery that doesn’t make you look like a monster.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Rami Malek is one to watch.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I'm not watching this year, but I did see this red carpet picture. I love it!

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Bravo for including the awards for the tradies -
costume, makeup, production.

They can make or break a picture and some of them are my friends.

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Still on...enjoying

I though Gaga was off key

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
J Hud was much worse.

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
The stage is beautiful.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It sure is!

And now I need to see Green Book. No less an authority than R. Zimmer already told me that.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
R. Zimmer
Oh, blast from the past.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
I'm not watching this year, but I did see this red carpet picture. I love it!

Work!

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Only saw the last few minutes of the show, from Best Actress, Best Actor, Best Director, and Best Picture. Can't say I have much of an opinion on any of it. Having watched Bohemian Rhapsody but not anything else by Rami Malek, I was somewhat surprised to see that the actor's physique is much smaller/shorter than what I thought I saw on film. Shrug

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
"Lady Gaga’s “Shallow” won best original song at Sunday’s Academy Awards...

The award for “Shallow” went to Gaga and co-writers Mark Ronson, Andrew Wyatt and Anthony Rossomando."

-Variety

Good!

I was wrong about Best Actress, Jack. I've rarely been more glad to be wrong.

(Hi, Rick.)

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
Only saw the last few minutes of the show, from Best Actress, Best Actor, Best Director, and Best Picture. Can't say I have much of an opinion on any of it. Having watched Bohemian Rhapsody but not anything else by Rami Malek, I was somewhat surprised to see that the actor's physique is much smaller/shorter than what I thought I saw on film. Shrug

And his next picture has him cast as the voice of a gorilla in a Dr. Dolittle remake.

Seriously?

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:

He channeled Freddie Mercury amazingly well, but he's actually much shorter than Mercury was. You can see it in side by side photos of the real Live Aid concert and the movie version.

We saw him in Mr. Robot and he was quite good in that very different role.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post