well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The New Democratic Meme

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Democratic Meme
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
“Understand that I’ll vote for whoever ends up with a “D” after their name, but this particular candidate...”. Barf

How about we get a candidate that doesn’t require this nonsense?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
What? Is this DCCC crap?

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Everything before the “But” is true for me.

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Because the likely non-D alternative is Barf Barf

I don't understand why this simple concept is so difficult to grasp. We're not talking hypotheticals here. If there's a viable candidate that makes you gag less, you vote for that candidate in the general election. Emphasis on viable, as in "has a chance to win." I think the stakes are too high to throw away your vote on a meaningless protest. I say meaningless, because those votes for write-in candidates (anyone but Hillary, Bernie wuz robbed), or those who stayed home and did't vote at all, gave us Trump. So how's that protest working out for us?

Primaries are a whole different animal. There's a reason why the GOP are behaving like a bunch of spineless wimps, and it has to do largely with fear of "being primaried."

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I refound an article on voting and game theory that I had previously liked. It's getting long in the tooth (I wonder what the author would say about the 2016 election, for example), but gives a good outline of "gaming the vote."

Game Theory and Voting

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Because the likely non-D alternative is Barf Barf

I don't understand why this simple concept is so difficult to grasp. We're not talking hypotheticals here. If there's a viable candidate that makes you gag less, you vote for that candidate in the general election. Emphasis on viable, as in "has a chance to win." I think the stakes are too high to throw away your vote on a meaningless protest. I say meaningless, because those votes for write-in candidates (anyone but Hillary, Bernie wuz robbed), or those who stayed home and did't vote at all, gave us Trump. So how's that protest working out for us?

Primaries are a whole different animal. There's a reason why the GOP are behaving like a bunch of spineless wimps, and it has to do largely with fear of "being primaried."

'xactly.

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’m waiting for a candidate I can actually support. Haven’t seen one yet but I don’t know anything about Gillibrand.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The only (POTUS) candidate I've ever voted for that I actually supported was Obama. My first vote was the Carter election.