well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Georgia runoff

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia runoff
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Republicans sound alarm on Georgia Senate runoffs as they privately weigh Trump’s influence

Republican leaders are increasingly alarmed about the party’s ability to stave off Democratic challengers in Georgia’s two Senate runoff elections — and they privately described President Trump on a recent conference call as a political burden who despite his false claims of victory was the likely loser of the 2020 election.

Those blunt assessments, which capture a Republican Party in turmoil as Trump refuses to concede to President-elect Joe Biden, were made on a Nov. 10 call with donors hosted by the National Republican Senatorial Committee. It featured Georgia’s embattled GOP incumbents, Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, and Karl Rove, a veteran strategist who is coordinating fundraising for the Jan. 5 runoffs.

The comments by the senators and Rove were shared with The Washington Post by a person who provided a detailed and precise account of what was said by each speaker on the call. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity since they were not authorized to divulge the contents of the private discussion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...nfluence/ar-BB1b4snc

They're gonna have to figure out what to do about him long term.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37870 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

They're gonna have to figure out what to do about him long term.
They bought the albatross. They can carry it on their necks for another decade or two.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jewish leaders defend Raphael Warnock after Loeffler attacks

https://www.ajc.com/politics/j...MJNFIJF6TNSNBICOKMM/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37870 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Maybe conspiracy theories aren't such a bad thing.

https://www.politico.com/news/...eorgia-senate-440776

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Easy way to donate

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Why didn't I think of that? Just cancel the runoff election.

https://twitter.com/realDonald.../1333773762374807553

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gabriel Sterling, a top official in the Georgia secretary of state’s office, condemned President Donald Trump and the state’s two Republican senators, David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, in a fiery press conference Tuesday after a local election worker received death threats.

Sterling, who works for Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, opened the press conference by saying an election contractor in Gwinnett County had received death threats after conspiracy theorists spread videos of the worker on social media.

Sterling did not name the worker, who he called a “twenty-something tech” working for Dominion Voting Systems, a voting machine vendor that has become the subject of unfounded right-wing conspiracy theories regarding the election results. Sterling said the worker has “death threats and a noose put out, saying he should be hung for treason” and that his family has been harassed. Social media posts falsely accuse the worker by name of manipulating data. (POLITICO is also not further identifying him for his safety.)

“Mr. President, you have not condemned these actions or this language,” he said. “Senators, you have not condemned this language or these actions. This has to stop. We need you to step up. And if you’re going to take a position of leadership, show some.”

“Mr. President, it looks like you likely lost the state of Georgia,” Sterling said later in the press conference. “Stop inspiring people to commit potential acts of violence. Someone is going to get hurt, someone is going to get shot, someone is going to get killed. And it’s not right.”

Sterling noted that both he and Raffensperger, along with Raffensperger’s wife, have also received threats. Sterling also brought up Joe DiGenova, an attorney for the president, calling for Chris Krebs to be shot. Krebs was fired by Trump from leading the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency after saying the election was secure, and DiGenova later tried to portray his comment as a hyperbole.

“It has to stop,” Sterling said. “This is elections. This is the backbone of democracy. And all of you who have not said a damn word are complicit in this. It is too much. … It is not right. They have lost the moral high ground to claim that it is.”

https://www.politico.com/news/...ondemns-trump-441879

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12527 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It’s like Charlie Brown kicking the football. Again and again, the liberal media tells me the Dems have a shot, and then we get smoked.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me a second time, won’t get fooled again.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Here are Sterling's remarks on video.

https://www.cbs46.com/news/som...25-a7e90729a2e3.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
It’s like Charlie Brown kicking the football. Again and again, the liberal media tells me the Dems have a shot, and then we get smoked.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me a second time, won’t get fooled again.

We didn't get fooled in the Presidential election in Georgia.

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post