well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Anyone watching?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What the hell is Melania wearing?

Why?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That was the weirdest speech I have ever seen in my life.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
What the hell is Melania wearing?

Why?

I noticed and wondered the same thing.

edit: Maybe she was inspired by Guilfoyle's speech.

Skeptical

Speaking of Guilfoyle, did anyone clue her in that her mother is a citizen and that Kimberly is not a "first generation" US citizen?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Guy walks into a bar in New Orleans and says “give me a Corona and two hurricanes.”

Bartender says “that’ll be 2020”

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I have seen reports that viewership of the GOP convention is a few million below viewership of the Democratic convention.

That will, of course, be a burr in Trump's behind.

I wonder if anyone has broken down viewership by partisan background. My guess is that more Democrats, like most of you here, are watching the GOP convention than GOP-ers watched the Dem convention last week. If so, the enthusiasm gap would be even greater than the viewership gap. Just a thought...

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Just tuned in (couldn't reply here until right now).

See the live audience for Pence though fairly well distanced are *sigh* NOT wearing masks.

Pence is a good speaker (style) but, oh, G-d almighty - what a nauseating bunch of lies and completely sentimental, crap idealizing/idolizing Trump. Really horrific nationalistic, demozing BS in his representation of Biden's goals. (e.g. espousing killing unborn babies right up to the moment of birth

(SO wishing somehow we could have rid ourselves of the radical elements on the Left, at least, before this point in the campaign!)

The language he uses to describe Trump.
And "Freedom, freedom, freedom" invoked as a contrast to what he claims are the goals of the liberal platform.

Plus the expectable lies about what Biden would do - kind of a more subdued (but equivalent in contact) version of Guilfoyle's histrionic. introductory speech.

Permeated throughout, of course, with constant appeals to G-d, G-d, G-d.

Makes me want to cry considering how sadly likely it is that those supporters listening are going to take it verbatim - hating the monsters he's portrayed the Democrats as standing for.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
And now - a grand melee of the True Believers - NO social distancing.

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Communications hiccup between the Trump campaign and the CEO of Goya Foods.

quote:
A representative for Goya Foods says the company’s CEO Robert Unanue will not be speaking during the third evening of the Republican National Convention on Wednesday.

Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh had told reporters on a phone call Wednesday that Unanue would be among those making an appearance during Wednesday’s program, which is themed “Land of Heroes.”

However, Michael Estevez of Burson Cohn & Wolfe, a public relations firm representing Goya, subsequently told The Hill that Unanue would not be speaking at the RNC. The campaign did not respond to further questions about Unanue’s potential appearance during the program. Unanue was not named among the group of speakers issued by the campaign earlier Wednesday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/a...ht-of-gop-convention

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Ok, day 4..what a beginning...

Mitch McConnell introduces a montage video of SPORTS! Even funnier, somehow in the vid, a photo of Amelia Earhart and shaking hands with West Point Cadets in uniform, then back to football.... WTF

Wow...Even better, tonight is the second night of suspended pro games in protest of police brutality. Big Grin

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Getting on the stairstepper so maybe I can stand watching - IT.

Since it's going to be on the lawn, LIVE (let's see how close they get and whether any are masked).

With The Donald presiding.

Just heard, from acolyte:

"Trump is the ONLY President who did EVERYTHING he promised during his campaign while he was President. EVERYTHING! "

Great. Now he promises to get rid of Medicare and the Social Security System. There goes my ability to manage...(I NEVER would have thought any candidate would dare say such a thing campaigning! Not even hint at it!)

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Amanda, a reporter on PBS, Yamiche Alicidor is there and mentioned there are 1500 people, some she interviewed said they were not tested. She also mentioned that she, herself, was not tested.

And there are no masks... Frowner

Give it two weeks and then lets see what the contact tracing says...

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
So we now know how Trump's campaign is going to proceed. This isn't going to be pretty. I pray that the DNC, Bide, and Harris are up to it. There is no line they won't cross, no rule they won't break, no lie they won't say.

It's going to be a very bumpy ride.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Amanda, a reporter on PBS, Yamiche Alicidor is there and mentioned there are 1500 people, some she interviewed said they were not tested. She also mentioned that she, herself, was not tested.

And there are no masks... Frowner

Give it two weeks and then lets see what the contact tracing says...

As we also saw, the audience were seated very close and freely mingled afterwards.

I noted there was a slight breeze (I was so hoping T's hair was finally going to blow off! Looked possible a few times but I guess he had them use super glue for the occasion). Ventilation IS an important mitigation - perhaps THE most important - but not neccessarily for such a large densely packed crowd.

Yes, we WILL see - at least, if the news is not suppressed. Personallly I suspect the front rows at least were all pretested, whatever they say. Then they can use it as talking points later for campaigning and justifying more aggressive reopening.

Based on this "proof" that either the virus is NOT so transmissable or else (can easily see this) that G-d was protecting his annointed - what some churches say.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
On the last night of the convention:

Bazootiehead-in-training