well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    One of my new favorite YouTube channels.(off grid cabin build)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of my new favorite YouTube channels.(off grid cabin build)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
There are a lot of these, people starting homesteads, or building off grid places, and video blogging about them, and I find some of them fascinating to watch. This is one of my new favorites, mostly because he does almost no talking. And he has a cool dog. This seems to be a compilation of the first two years, it’s really interesting.

https://youtu.be/AxM9FYSs8V4

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20446 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thinking of moving?

(Could not help myself.)

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Razzer

Smiler Jodi

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
so glad i already spent time living like this (actually far more remote--seven miles from the nearest dirt road) or after watching this video i would be having a mega-mid-life crisis. Big Grin

beautiful film. surprisingly entertaining. but obviously he had a vehicle somewhere close by.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21339 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
i kept thinking: "one slip off the ladder rung, one slip of the axe, one wrong step on the ice, and it's all over, buddy."

the comments are pretty funny, too.

"aw, just apologize to her and you can go home."

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21339 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’ve been watching other videos on his channel, he actually has two channels) he talks a lot more on the earlier ones (the video I posted is a condensed compilation of a bunch of longer ones. and he talks a lot more on his other channel (the one with his name). but I like it better when he doesn’t talk. The video editing it really nice, and all the sounds that get included in the videos, and he is so creative in his work. (There is more of a life coach feel to some of the earlier ones, there are a lot of solo canoe and camping trips, even one up to that famous cabin built by that guy in Alaska. His property is in Ontario, Somewhere near Algonquin park and dotty lake. (He talks about that in earlier videos). I think his wife does a lot of the drone work on his videos and is supposed to be selling their house and moving to the cabin in January, but he is a little vague about it, like it may not happen. I love that outdoor kitchen he has, especially that oven!

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
And there is something super satisfying about all the hand tools and wood working, especially drilling those huge holes when he makes the furniture. And his meals. The sound of all that cooking makes me hungry!

Smiler Jodi