well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    "I believe he was confused"

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"I believe he was confused"
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
President Trump announced a vaccine distribution plan Wednesday and predicted availability as early as October, directly contradicting a much longer timeline offered earlier in the day by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) director.

Dr. Robert Redfield told a panel of Senate lawmakers not to expect a coronavirus vaccine to become widely available to most of the U.S. population until the summer of 2021 -- publicly rebuffing Trump’s repeated assertion that a vaccine might be available before the November election.

"I think he made a mistake when he said that. It's just incorrect information," Trump said Wednesday in resp

Trump also refuted Redfield’s statements that wearing a mask may be more important than a potential vaccine because there’s clear scientific evidence they work.

"I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against Covid than when I take a Covid vaccine,” Redfield said, holding up his face mask before the Senate panel.

Trump said he spoke to Redfield afterwards and thinks the CDC director could have confused the question and answered "incorrectly."

"I think maybe he misunderstood it," Trump said, adding that "the mask is a mixed bag."

The coronavirus contradictions came as Trump confirmed at least one of his White House staffers tested positive for the virus. Trump didn't name the aide but said "it's not anybody that was near me."

Speaking before the Senate Appropriations Committee earlier Wednesday, Redfield said any version of the vaccine available this year would be in “very limited supply.” He estimated that the shot wouldn’t be broadly available to most of the U.S. population until the summer of 2021.

"There will be a vaccine that will initially be available sometime between November and December, but very limited supply and will have to be prioritized," Redfield said. "If you're asking me when is it going to be generally available to the American public so we can begin to take advantage of vaccine to get back to our regular life, I think we're probably looking at late second quarter, third quarter 2021."

The comments came just a day after Trump, in an interview on “Fox & Friends,” claimed a coronavirus vaccine could be approved “in a matter of weeks.”

Trump reiterated a rapid timeline again at the White House news conference Wednesday, saying it could be ready as soon as October and "we're ready to distribute immediately

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...eive-he-was-confused

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
How do you have a conversation with someone that clearly doesn't value "truth"? Or is in such a bubble that they are convinced "the truth" isn't true...

I just tried with a singer friend on facebook. So frustrating.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yea, I forwarded a link to the Scientific American endorsement of Biden to a friend. Her response: So science has become political? And we have a 77 year old guy with dementia running?

I responded with "the ship sailed on the line between science and politics a while ago" and sent her two links to Fox News. One was about Michael Caputo and the other about Trump and Redfield's differing assessments about vaccine availability and the usefulness of masks.

I also noted that I didn't think the current occupant of the Oval Office was a poster child for mental health and emotional stability.

Frustrating indeed.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
"Confused"

hysteric

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Yea, I forwarded a link to the Scientific American endorsement of Biden to a friend. Her response: So science has become political? And we have a 77 year old guy with dementia running?

I responded with "the ship sailed on the line between science and politics a while ago" and sent her two links to Fox News. One was about Michael Caputo and the other about Trump and Redfield's differing assessments about vaccine availability and the usefulness of masks.

I also noted that I didn't think the current occupant of the Oval Office was a poster child for mental health and emotional stability.

Frustrating indeed.

He is a 77 year old guy with dementia.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
That vaccine is coming out any day now, along with his new healthcare plan that he promised months ago.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The vaccine is going to come out at around the same time as covid just disappears.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
That vaccine is coming out any day now, along with his new healthcare plan that he promised months ago.
He promised to repeal and replace the ACA on day one of his reign. That was three and a half years ago.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
He promised to repeal and replace the ACA on day one of his reign. That was three and a half years ago.

What? He misspoke? He was mistaken? He lied?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post