well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Summer vacation

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summer vacation
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
No plans here yet. If we do go anywhere, it will be a local trip.

What about everyone else? Got any travel plans for the summer?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37758 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
A couple days in Amsterdam before a Rhine river cruise to Basel. I’m really looking forward to travelling again!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4080 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Fishing/camping/hanging out on the St. Joe River in Idaho. A trip to Chico Hot Springs closer to fall. A few other short camping/driving trips to see old friends and family. Loads of day trips to check out wildflowers and pigment gathering spots.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20411 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
A few local driving trips in the midwest - Viroqua WI when NASCAR takes over our neighborhood, then a trip to Traverse City MI with another couple and finally out to Geneva, IL when our neighborhood gets taken over by Lollapalooza...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Scotland and Ireland in July.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34834 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm sure we will need to go to NY to meet with contractors and such.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
We never seem to go anywhere in the summer. We end up caring for daughters cat whenever SHE goes away.

We should explore more of NYC since we actually LIVE here. People pay good money for that opportunity.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13777 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
A couple days in Amsterdam before a Rhine river cruise to Basel. I’m really looking forward to travelling again!

A friend of mine was in Amsterdam a few weeks ago. She got tickets to the Vermeer exhibit and said it was fabulous. Also went to The Hague and loved it so much she thinks she'll be going back again.

On the down side, she managed to catch COVID from someone who was on the bus tour of the tulip festival. On the plus side, she was exposed on the day before she flew back to the US and she didn't get sick until she was home, so at least it didn't wreck her vacation....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37758 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You guys all have to post pics of your trips! I'm vacationing vicariously through all of you...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:

A friend of mine was in Amsterdam a few weeks ago. She got tickets to the Vermeer exhibit and said it was fabulous. Also went to The Hague and loved it so much she thinks she'll be going back again.

On the down side, she managed to catch COVID from someone who was on the bus tour of the tulip festival. On the plus side, she was exposed on the day before she flew back to the US and she didn't get sick until she was home, so at least it didn't wreck her vacation....

Sadly the Vermeer exhibit closes before we arrive, but we do already have our tickets for the Rijksmuseum and are really excited about it! We aren’t terribly concerned about COVID. Teaching 6 years olds means I have been exposed countless times at this point. Obviously I don’t want to get sick on the cruise but I’m not at any more risk than I am going to work every day.

Posts: 4080 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

ThumbsUp

Doing something we've never done before ... a cruise on a small ship (120 guests) from Dublin, up the west coast of Scotland, to the islands (Shetlands, Orkneys, Faroe) and then a circumnavigation of Iceland. First two weeks of June.

We'll also spend the last two weeks of August at our place in Santa Fe -- right between a renter in July and a renter in September!

Posts: 12498 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

ThumbsUp

Doing something we've never done before ... a cruise on a small ship (120 guests) from Dublin, up the west coast of Scotland, to the islands (Shetlands, Orkneys, Faroe) and then a circumnavigation of Iceland. First two weeks of June.

We'll also spend the last two weeks of August at our place in Santa Fe -- right between a renter in July and a renter in September!

Who are you sailing with? Can you link the cruise you are doing, please?

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The company is Thalassa Journeys.

Passage from Ireland to Iceland

We heard about it through Duke University. Duke sponsors lots of trips, and this was one that interested us.

Posts: 12498 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
The company is Thalassa Journeys.

Passage from Ireland to Iceland

We heard about it through Duke University. Duke sponsors lots of trips, and this was one that interested us.

That looks absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to hear about it!