well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    RIP Daniel Kaminsky - Savior of Internet Security

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Daniel Kaminsky - Savior of Internet Security
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
And read how he broke into the whole Western Internet Security system at age eleven. (Taught himself to code when he was four!)

Fascinating story. (Note that this amazing man refused to become a billionaire because he said it would have been immoral to profit from basic safety precautions needed by all)

And the list of his private and personally directed philanthropy defy belief. (Much of his beneficence came in the form of his technical genius - he simply invented a new technology to overcome the handicaps brought to his attention.)

The cause of this man's death (at 42)?
Diabetes. Frowner

Daniel Kaminsky - saved internet security

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Amazing guy. A nerd's nerd. I remember all of these issues, but had forgotten about his connection to it all.

Posts: 12503 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Wow, age 42. What a loss. He was not just a nerd's nerd, but a true anti-hero, emphasis on hero.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post