well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Cheeky Observations (Summer 2021)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheeky Observations (Summer 2021)
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
Just want to share with you a common observation I noticed this summer.

Young and old, slim and fat, on the streets with short shorts or on the beach with swimsuits, compared to years past, it appears to me that the women are exposing more and more of their butt cheeks.

More female Olympiads, especially in the track and field category, competed with bikini-like attires. The athletes’ attires can be attributed to sports leagues regulations. But the attires chosen by the pedestrians and beach goers are individual choices.

The men seem to have gone the other direction — rarely see “gym shorts” shorts anymore, more “cargo pants shorts” and “basket ball shorts” that cover more of the thighs and extend closer to the knees.

I do not know why the women choose to show more and more of their butt cheeks this summer compared to past summers. Any ideas?

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Haven't noticed more butt cheeks out on the streets.

I must not be getting out enough.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not know why the women choose to show more and more of their butt cheeks this summer compared to past summers. Any ideas?

Maybe they’re wearing the same clothes as previous summers, but a year and a half of pandemic eating habits has caused there to be proportionately more butt cheek…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
Women: I haven’t noticed it. Maybe they’re working on their tan lines? Maybe after a long cold winter, they’re glad to wear less instead of more if only for a few short months of summer?

Men: I think I can answer it. Cargo pants with their deep expanding bellows pockets are more practical and utilitarian than gym shorts. The increased number of pockets allow you to store a wallet, key chain, phone, and more. Also belt loops on cargo pants allow you to adjust the waist tension with a belt.

Gym short don’t have as many pockets. They also have an elastic stretch band instead of belt loops so you can’t adjust the tension like a belt can. An elastic band also tends to stretch out and wear out over time and washings.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Now Hooters (the restaurant chain) is institutionalizing it: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/fe...vealing-panties.html

EDIT 2021-10-18 : Hooters backtracked and made the "new shorts" optional. https://www.businessinsider.co...rts-optional-2021-10

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:

The Kardashians ...just take a trip to the Long Branch, NJ bars..further on the board walk you will see just the opposite, the Hasidic Jews. All covered up. Blink

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post