well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I'm sure there's no connection

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm sure there's no connection
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The top executive at one of the nation's leading technology companies gave a quarter of a million dollars to a PAC supporting Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) while he was brokering a deal between TikTok and a U.S.-based cloud computing company, according to a new report.

Oracle founder and CEO Larry Ellison donated $250,000 to the Security is Strength PAC, which is paying for ads supporting Graham in his reelection bid, The Verge reported.

The donation was reportedly made on Sept. 14, just days before Oracle announced it had been selected by social media company TikTok as its secure cloud technology provider.

TikTok has faced criticism from some U.S. lawmakers over its ties to the Chinese government, and Graham was pivotal in helping secure the deal with a U.S.-based company, the outlet reported.

“If TikTok is saved, you can thank me,” Graham said at the time.

https://thehill.com/homenews/5...ok-deal-went-through

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37691 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post