well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Rand Paul tests positive

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rand Paul tests positive
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Feels fine. Self-quarantining.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
“ He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. ”

I guess if you’re a senator you can get tested just because.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I can sort of understand having government officials being high on the list of people who get tested. Ruining Running the country is an important job.

The NBA players? Not so much.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Speaks to the futility of trying to convince some people of anything.

Guess other members of the GOP are concerned about themselves. They've been in closed door meetings with him and he was in the Senate gym this morning.

Given that he's a doctor and should know better, I can't believe that he was still in a gym used by other people. That the gym was even open.

Aren't these guys listening to their own task force?

facepalm

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I won’t be surprised if most of Congress gets it.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to all those infected people in the Iranian government?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mike Lee self-quarantining because he was around Rand Paul a lot.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I won’t be surprised if most of Congress gets it.

According to what I've been reading, it was a gym especially for congress people (including pool) and it remained open until - at least - Rand Paul was diagnosed.

Worse still, there's a lot of controversy about
1) whether he worked out (including pool) AFTER he got his diagnosis

2) whether the gym is even still open.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Romney self-quarantining.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Today's press conference.

Reporter: four senators are in isolation.

Trump: Which ones?

Reporter: Lee, Paul, Scott and Romney.

Trump: Romney? (dripping with sarcasm) Gee, that's too bad.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
“ He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. ”

I guess if you’re a senator you can get tested just because.

I agree.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Paul did NOT go to the gym after his diagnosis was back, but he did go - and participate in his usual activities - while the test was pending (while knowing he had been exposed to "positive" participants at a fund raiser.

Paul's activites before (exposure), while waiting for and after the virus test was back

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Paul's actions are just as dumb as de Blasio's trip to the gym at the YMCA on the last day it was still open; he had announced a few days earlier that everything was closing. He dragged his security detail in there, too, exercising among other people. People tried to excuse his inexcusable behavior.

I cannot believe how dumb these decisions are.

Where's markj? You can't be too upset at your daughter...our country's so-called leaders are making the same errors in judgment....and they *really* should know better....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I don’t believe some Trump supporters will take this seriously until one of their icons dies from coronavirus.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
With five GOP senators locked down, Schumer has a lot more negotiating leverage ...

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post